PDA

View Full Version : EK Trng Capt arrested at HQ

EK Facts
2nd Mar 2010, 07:39
Apologies as this is a Rumour Forum, but here are the Facts: Although already mentioned, details were little sketchy. Thought this may be useful to those already here and those intending to join EK.

SAFA EK Training Capt attempted to sign on recently for his JNB flt at the EGHQ, but access was denied. Advised his FO to contact FDM. FDM (I.S) showed NO support whatsoever. :ugh:
Capt held in HQ for nearly 3hrs. FMA J.M (since moved on) was contacted and then advised its not Flt Ops business to get involved! :ugh: Capt taken on joy-ride in his uniform and with crew suitcase around DXB picking up real criminals. "Invited" to spend a night in jail with a room full of dubious looking characters. Capt's rather distressed wife calls EK Welfare Help-line no. Told to look through the Yellow pages, draw Dh 50 000 and go and bail him out! This at 9pm.

At no time was the Capt contacted by anyone. Released following day.
Chief Pilot commented that he did not get involved personally as there was so much support from the Co. Capt recommended that there be a system in place that this type of traumatic event does not happen ever again, and if so, that communication levels were readily available and manned by suitable staff. His reply was that that was not necessary as there was "no need to alarm the pilot group!"

Reason for a night in Jail? Confusion over Maid absconding and name mix-up, apparently. Wonder where they thought the Capt was absconding to signing on at EGHQ in uniform???

Gentleman/Ladies. Just the FACTS, I hope you share this at the Roadshows (JNB) that are due shortly. That together with the other serious issues that are mentioned here on PPRuNe. The Recruitment team are reporting back that this Forum is damaging the recruitment process. Remind yourselves just WHO is doing that damage.

Ignore this at your own peril....:=

TonyWilliams
2nd Mar 2010, 17:34
Seems like this should be in the Middle East forum????

jbayfan
2nd Mar 2010, 18:30
Where and what time is the EK roadshow on the 10th?

JTrain
2nd Mar 2010, 20:29
Seems like this should be in the Middle East forum????

EK is the dream of about every South African pilot I know.....

EK Facts
2nd Mar 2010, 21:20
I posted the above on the African Forum as I am sure you would all appreciate the FACTS prior to taking a position here as FO in DXB. If you are serious about your decision to relocate here, with your Family, may I suggest you have a long list of questions based on what you have read on the ME Forum, to pose to the Recruitment Team. Bombard them with the facts and ask them why they are struggling to fill courses in these difficult times. The ME Forum discusses what has happened to our contracts in particular, the last 2years. The arrest of the Trng Capt is one of many serious issues, that EK will try and conveniently sweep under the carpet. Recruitment Team are not Pilots. They will try and impress you all with shiny brochures and power-point presentations. Enjoy the Show. But you have been warned. My bet is they will not offer an honest explanation to your questions....:=

Some more facts then....from the EK website:

Information Sessions for Experienced First Officers in South Africa

Emirates employ highly skilled and successful Flight Deck Crew from around the world. We are currently recruiting experienced and technically proficient First Officers to fly our extensive international route network. The First Officer position offers an exceptional opportunity for ambitious pilots to develop their career on one of the youngest high-tech fleets, with one of the fastest growing and most profitable airlines in the world.

Emirates will be conducting information sessions inSouth Africa during March. These sessions will provide more information on Emirates, our selection programme, the benefits of living and working in Dubai and details of our remuneration package.

Please note that spouses are welcome to attend.

Johannesburg

The Birchwood Hotel & OR Tambo Conference Centre
Viewpoint Street, Bartlett, Boksburg, Johannesburg
Wednesday
10th March
10am
Johannesburg

Wednesday
10th March
3pm
Capetown
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront
Beach Road, Granger Bay
V&A Waterfront, Capetown
Thursday
11th March
10.30am

Emirates Requirements:
To apply to Emirates, candidates must have a minimum of 4000 total and 2000 multi-engine jet hours (preferably with MTOW of > 55 T), ICAO ATPL and ICAO English level (4 or above). We will provide candidates with a round trip ticket to Dubai from an Emirates destination to attend our Selection Programme.

Check 'Six'
3rd Mar 2010, 04:47
To all the SA pilots. Go onto the middle east forum and read the "middle east management video." "how to cope with a pilot shortage"

Enjoy

Check Six

proceeding outbound
3rd Mar 2010, 06:44
Did'nt your father warn you about hanging out with the wrong crowd:E.

No but seriously, I think that is a very broad and innacurate statement. I know a lot of SA pilots and some of them would like to go to EK, not many at all. Living in the M/E is not for everyone.

nugpot
3rd Mar 2010, 07:36
JTrain
EK is the dream of about every South African pilot I know.....

I take it you don't know many of us then.........

doubleu-anker
3rd Mar 2010, 08:04
Well serves him right for working for w:mad:s.

It appears to me not only the EK "management" are a:mad:s, but it appears to be topped off with a useless "chief pilot".

groundfloor
3rd Mar 2010, 13:26
Go to facebook and look up the group, Alexandra Johanna.

Absolutely OFFSIDES Emirates. :sad:

Malagant
4th Mar 2010, 06:00
Wednesday
10th March
10am
Johannesburg

Is there a presentation @ each of these locations @ the same time?

yambat
7th Mar 2010, 15:19
Is the conference centre at The Birchwood , I believe.