PDA

View Full Version : A300 disabled on rwy OAIX

MaxBlow
1st Mar 2010, 12:42
I just read that an A300B4 had an incident in Afganistan. Donno if it was on T/O roll or after landing but most important is that nobody's hurt.

Flight was operated by ACT on behalf of DHL.

SMT Member
1st Mar 2010, 16:13
The header of this post is slightly incorrect, insofar as the aircraft is not actually off the runway but still very much on it.

According flightglobal, MLG collapse on landing due suspected hydraulic failure. Aircraft suffered substantial damage, including a totalled LH engine.

Aircraft was TC-ACB, as mentioned an ACT bird operating on behalf of DHL, and is probably a write-off, not least because it's blocking the only runway in Bagram and NATO is rather keen on getting that very important airbase back up running. I suspect it'll be pulled off the runway with little regard to preserving whatever integrity of the aircraft is still intact.

dixi188
1st Mar 2010, 18:41
That used to be G-CEXI with Channel Express. Sad to see that it may be the end of her.

Safe-T
1st Mar 2010, 19:02
Part of Bagram (OAIX) NOTAM:

A0529/10 - QMRXX RUNWAY OBSTACLE DATA: FOR OBSTACLE CLEARANCE SURFACE CRITERIA ONLY, 5400 FT AVAILABLE FOR RUNWAY 03 DEPARTURES BASED ON AIRCRAFT EXECUTING A 200 FT PER NAUTICAL MILE CLIMB GRADIENT.
RUNWAY 03 DEPARTURES NOT AVAILABLE FOR AIRCRAFT UNABLE TO MEET TO ABOVE LISTED CRITERIA OR AIRCREWS UNWILLING TO ASSUME RISK.
(REFER TO DISABLED AIRCRAFT NOTAM). 01 MAR 16:08 2010 UNTIL 05 MAR 23:59 2010. CREATED: 01 MAR 16:12 2010

A0528/10 - QXXXX DISABLED AIRCRAFT WITH A HEIGHT OF 56 FT LOCATED 90 FT WEST OF RUNWAY 03 CENTERLINE. POSITION: LEFT RUNWAY SHOULDER, APPROXIMATELY 500 FT NORTH OF TAXIWAY CHARLIE JUST SOUTH OF THE 3000 FT REMAINING DISTANCE MARKER (RDM). 01 MAR 16:08 2010 UNTIL 05 MAR 23:59 2010. CREATED: 01 MAR 16:09 2010

swh
2nd Mar 2010, 07:29
Aparently hit by a rocket on approach, crew of 5 all okay.

"Bagram yaklaşması sırasında roketle vuruldu" ACT UÇAĞI ROKETLE VURULDU (http://www.airkule.com/default.asp?page=haber&id=8318)

FCS Explorer
2nd Mar 2010, 10:07
ACT Airlines, on behalf of DHL Bahrain Bahrain-Bagram-Bahrain flight DHX521-522 TC-ACB registered aircraft that perform the rocket was shot during Bagram approach.

The rocket hit the plane's left landing gear of the bullets, emptying caused by hydraulic. Tower "emergency landing" that reports that pilots successfully landed at the runway but the landing gear hydraulic folding left vacant due to the output from the runway and aircraft.
Airbus A 300 type aircraft, the crew of 5 persons incident survived unscathed.

Security forces at Bagram airport incident was confiscated. CIA officials completed their investigation of the incident related to me of his return to Turkey after the crew were reported.

RampTramp
2nd Mar 2010, 10:13
Seems the Turkish media is as bad as any other! The rocket attack has been denied by the operator and witnesses;

Press Release from ACT;
After the first press release that has been published yesterday, due to the news published on some internet sites we feel obliged to make this second release.

Neither the current pictures of the aircraft taken after the incident nor the inspection performed by the operating crew indicate any sign for an impact on the aircraft that may be caused by a foreign object. The technical team that has been dispatch for a thorough inspection will arrive into Bagram Airport at 15:00 Turkey local time and a detailed report will be prepared afterwards.

The operating crew in Bagram Airport was not questioned by any party. The technician and the load master are in contact with the local authorities for the offloading of the aircraft. After meeting the technical team in Bagram and helping them conduct the thorough inspection, the crew will travel back to Bahrain with the technical team.

RT

wilmot
3rd Mar 2010, 18:11
Accident: ACT Airlines A30B at Bagram on Mar 1st 2010, left main gear collapsed on landing (http://avherald.com/h?article=42804c7b&opt=0) Ive got 4 more Pics direct from the Crash site, but not sure how to load them onto PPRUNE...

dimitri1968
4th Mar 2010, 16:15
ACT Airlines A30B at Bagram on Mar 1st 2010, left main gear collapsed on landing - CNN iReport (http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-416011)

here many picture have about landing .l wanna add here but cannnot :))

airport30
8th Mar 2010, 11:35
İf you want to see more picture and video about this crash you can put thsi link İŞTE NEFES KESEN ANLAR (http://www.airkule.com/default.asp?page=haber&id=8355)

Bigt
8th Mar 2010, 15:32
Do we know why the approach and landing was being filmed?

JW411
8th Mar 2010, 15:54
Because the chap on the jumpseat happened to have a video camera about his person.

tubby linton
8th Mar 2010, 15:59
What are the beeps heard twice before touchdown?

I Love Midex
9th Mar 2010, 16:44
The captain wasn't wearing his shoulder harness. Way to go, pony tail.

dixi188
9th Mar 2010, 17:59
The beeps are the Landing Gear warning horn.

I think the reason the video was taken was that the guy had the camera and there was a Gear unsafe warning so this might be an interesting landing.

I don't understand Turkish, so does any one know if the Evacuation Checklist was carried out?
In this case it would be quite important to close the fuel tank shut-off valves. There's no fire so it would appear to have been done.

MaxBlow
10th Mar 2010, 07:21
post #14

The captain wasn't wearing his shoulder harness. Way to go, pony tail.

:}:}:}

Maybe the pony tail was attached to the seat back and replaced the shoulder harness.:ugh:

Chille Con Carnie
10th Mar 2010, 19:19
dixi188
not nice to see a good airframe ending like that.

freightdoggy dog
13th Mar 2010, 18:34
Dixie, CCC, way to go certain EDI loadmaster :)...Im sure with a bit of precussion adjustment with Tasty Geezers maglight and some white paint she do another trip.

Smudger
16th Mar 2010, 19:21
You see guys.. even MY landings in this aeroplane weren't THAT bad...

Sensible Garage
16th Mar 2010, 20:19
A300 cargo plane, suffered a landing mishap at Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan. It came to rest on the left runway shoulder of runway 03, approximately 500 ft north of taxiway Charlie and just south of the 3000 feet remaining distance marker. It has been reported that the airplane suffered a collapse of, presumably the left hand, main undercarriage.

abidin on Yahoo! Video (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7108873/18501330)

Whoaaaaaaa!

Curious for comments from native Turkish (?) speakers on the talk before, during and after.

Observation for starters, no shoulder straps in A300s?? No comments on pirate heardo of capt please.

BigHitDH
16th Mar 2010, 20:45
Never mind the haircut, where's the seatbelt? :confused:

patrickal
16th Mar 2010, 20:50
It looks like they were working against a pretty strong cross wind, based upon both the motion of the camera and the direction the nose of the aircraft was facing in relationship to the runway. At the same time, the touchdown seemed relatively smooth and it seemed they were decellerating normally when the failure occurred. So....we will have to wait to find out what the failure was. New concept.

JanetFlight
17th Mar 2010, 11:16
Typical...when there is so much we can talk about, some only cares about the hair style of that PIC...For your info, i have the hair almost reaching my waist, and im being a commercial pilot for almost 16 years, and being an Airport Authority either for similar amount of time...IMHO profissionalism has nothing to do with hair styles, tattos, piercings, etc...Fly safe my Friends:ok:

dixi188
6th Apr 2010, 12:08
IIRC, when this aircraft left Channex 4 years ago, the landing gear was due overhaul.
Just asking????