PDA

View Full Version : Maersk Air and SAS - a success story

I'd rather
13th Aug 2001, 14:48
Just wanted to post an example of something going right for once.

Friday afternoon, Aalborg, Denmark, waiting for an SAS flight to Copenhagen and a Maersk Air connection to Gatwick. Turns out our 1745 flight is going to be 2 hours late due to (ahem) "a broken plane". This means we're not going to make the connection in Copenhagen and we'll be too late to make it on to any flight back to London that evening. Obviously NOT good news when you've been on a business trip to (forgive me) the @rse-end of nowhere and now just want to get home to enjoy the weekend.

Anyway, what did SAS do? - Told us, promptly and courteously, exactly what the position was and what our options were (stay in Aalborg for another night, or go to Copenhagen that evening, where they would put us up in a hotel), put us up on the Executive floor at the Hilton at the airport in Copenhagen (very nice indeed), gave us dinner and breakfast, and put us on the first flight out in the morning. Everything ran like clockwork - they couldn't have been more efficient. Oh, and perhaps I should add that we were travelling economy, not business.

I just wanted to post this because we make such a fuss when things go wrong, but forget to say thank you when things go right. So full marks to SAS and Maersk - a perfect example of how to turn a bad situation around - from one very satisfied customer.