PDA

View Full Version : Nero Viewer?

Fliegenmong
1st Mar 2010, 12:38
How do I delete all these 'Nero Viewer' images from the computer, I opened a file, amd then when I scrolled with the wheel 'PPRUNE" logos came up, other ads, images from emails sent, websites visited etc appear, it seems to be a never ending pool of ads / images etc etc, how do I delete all this??:bored:

Saab Dastard
1st Mar 2010, 12:55
What was the file you opened?

Is it possible that you have set something up to trawl your C drive for all image files?

SD

jimtherev
1st Mar 2010, 13:01
Yes, Nero does have a habit of trying to take over one's computer. (Almost a bad as some of the HP apps.:*.) Another of those 'background indexing' things, which can be useful if you want to use Nero to find your stored images - but I don't.

The first thing I did was to stop this particular app from starting: the usual <start> <run> msconfig will contain - probably - a couple of Nero-derived background programs, both of which slow down the 'puter. Either delete them or disable them, and restart the computer. Then at your leisure you can find the the folder in which the Nero index is stored and lose that also. Or I guess you could just leave it be: it won't do any harm.

Edited to add: I didn't do anything to start this process up, SD, Nero did this all by its little self.

Saab Dastard
1st Mar 2010, 14:12
I assume that all the files mentioned are in a temporary internet cache and / or browser cache.

Don't delete the cache(s), just disable Nero and it's anti-social behaviour.

SD

frostbite
1st Mar 2010, 14:23
I have had Nero on my computer for some time, but have gone off it in a big way lately.

Aside from all the unnecessary crud it loaded at bootup I found it most pernickety at what it would condescend to copy from where to where, often incorrectly identifying drive types.

I've disabled the lot, and now find the free IMGBurn much nicer and more versatile for such operations.

spannersatcx
1st Mar 2010, 15:05
I assume that all the files mentioned are in a temporary internet cache and / or browser cache.

Yes they are, I just changed the file association for gif/jpg etc to psp which is what I would use for pics anyway.

BOAC
1st Mar 2010, 15:41
Whoops Spanners......:)

I recall something called 'Scout' which I disabled yonks ago. Could this be it? Perhaps you both would like to peruse Nero - Support - FAQ (http://www.nero.com/eng/support-faq.html?s=sub&t=Scout)

Saab Dastard
1st Mar 2010, 16:32
I use Imgburn for everything except music CDs, for which I use a free copy (magazine) of Nero 6 - which, fortunately, doesn't have Nero "Scout".

SD

spannersatcx
1st Mar 2010, 18:31
scout not on my pc. Nero vision assumes itself to be the default gif/jpg/bmp etc when nero 9 is installed. Have to put it back to what you want it.