PDA

View Full Version : Possible incident at GLA?

matonking
1st Mar 2010, 12:32
Was walking the dogs today, theres a hill that can view GLA from about 5-10miles away. This was at around 12.50pm.

I saw a fairly small jet ( couldnt tell what it was ) coming in at a hell of a rate, much faster decent than most.

Anyway theres a building that blocked the touch down so I thought nothing of it, started walking away and by chance turned round to see a black cloud that was reaching up about 200ft JUST at GLA within maybe 20 seconds after touch down.

By the time I saw the cloud it was fairly whispy and at 200ft ( so dont be thinking of an atomic bomb cloud here ), but still distinctly black in colour.

Never seen anything like it after a landing.

The reason I say 'possible incident' is that there was a plane coming into land within maybe 3-4 minutes afterwards.

Does anyone know what it could be or if indeed there was an incident????

edit:

I should probably add, I couldnt hear the engines so that could be a possible reason for the faster decent.

10W
1st Mar 2010, 12:42
No incidents reported. Probably the fireman carrying out drills on their mock aircraft rig ?

Sonic Bam
1st Mar 2010, 12:43
Fireman practising on their simulator, far side of the field. It chucks out a humungeous cloud of thick black smoke.