PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation - Seletar Airport SG

aseanaero
1st Mar 2010, 10:36
Are there any budget hotels or accommodation close to Seletar Airport ?

Someone suggested the Orientus Resort but that seems to be a membership arrangement.

I'm doing a project on Seletar Airport for a week and it would be nice to get some accommodation close to the airport.

Cubs2jets
1st Mar 2010, 13:44
LOL !! :}

I didn't think Singapore and "budget hotel" could be used in the same conversation.

Been a couple years since I was there, but I don't remember ANY hotels near WSSL. Good luck.

C2j

FMGCS
1st Mar 2010, 14:50
Find something cheap in Changi Village. then commute to Seletar. Should be more fun for you. Don't waste your week in Seletar/Jln Kayu.

aseanaero
1st Mar 2010, 15:33
I didn't think Singapore and "budget hotel" could be used in the same conversation.

I think in Singapore you really get what you pay for , I don't intend spending much time in the hotel room.

I've stayed in on-airport accommodation in other countries (flying clubs, bed and breakfasts) and they have been a lot more fun than paying $300 to $600 a night for a nice hotel (especially if you turn up in the lobby covered in aircraft grime after pulling apart an aircraft) :)

training wheels
1st Mar 2010, 19:49
Try Hostel One66 (http://www.hostelone66.com/).

I've never stayed here myself so don't know about it. It's located somewhere near the causeway in Marsiling/Woodlands area. From Seletar, it's about a 15 minute taxi ride if you go via Yishun Ave 1.

kilwhang
1st Mar 2010, 23:09
You could try the Changi Village Hotel. Prices are $Sg 160 and upwards. That includes free internet and breakfast. Just outside the hotel are plenty of cheap places to eat and drink. A lot of the off-shore oil guys stay there so they are used to greasy overalls.

Just be careful of the car parks after around 11pm......that's when the lady-boys come out to play. Unless, of course, that's your thing!

aseanaero
2nd Mar 2010, 07:13
Thanks for the suggestions so far (no thanks to the lady boys :bored: )

CodyBlade
2nd Mar 2010, 15:03
There are no hotels near WSSL yr best option is downtown:Wilkie Lodge ($120) or the budget hotels at Bencoolen street ($100).Seletar is well cnnected by bus no.103 and nearest MRT train is Yio Chu Kang station.Travelling time should be 40 mins.Will you be at Hawker hanger or Jet Avaition?

winglet_fever
2nd Mar 2010, 17:21
you can try budget hotels like fragrance hotel or hotel 81 in Kovan. its a 15mins cab ride to seletar whihc will set you back about $10. eateries are plentiful around the area too. damage should be about $120 per 24hrs.

Hotel 81 (Kovan) - inSing.com (http://www.insing.com/business/travel-transportation/hotels-lodging/budget/HOTEL-81---KOVAN/id-2b9c0000?nav=70000)

Fragrance Hotel- Singapore budget hotel with affordable rates and 15mins away from Singapore international airport (http://www.fragrancehotel.com/fragrance06/main.asp?action=hotel&opt=kovan)

aseanaero
3rd Mar 2010, 01:15
.Will you be at Hawker hanger or Jet Avaition?

No hangar, dismantling two Antonov 2's that have been sitting in one of the parking areas for export. Plan is to work early and finish early before the afternoon rain.

9v-SKA
3rd Mar 2010, 10:47
Need a photographer to document the project?? :)

aseanaero
3rd Mar 2010, 11:02
The An-2 and myself are both not what you call photogenic :}

protect essential
4th Mar 2010, 15:28
Don't miss eating at the Indian food place just outside the Selatar gate. Outstanding!! Exit South Gate on Jalan Kayu and cross over the Tampines Expresway and go maybe 100-200 M. It will be the first place on the left with convenient parking.