PDA

View Full Version : sadistic cabin staff

lynn789
28th Feb 2010, 22:08
I dont know if this post from a frequent passenger is appropriate but there are a few downright sadistic bullying cabin crew who pick on a few unfortunate passengers every flight and make things very miserable for them,such as "accidentally" spilling coffee on them they all seem to be men so I try to avoid airlines that have mostly men in the cabin.

some are said to be businessman establishing import agencys and using their job to get free travel

I do wish airlines would use psychologists to weed out sadistic bullying cabin staff. I got this treatment once and refused to fly on that paticular airline for about 10 years and told all my friends

SlideBustle
28th Feb 2010, 22:18
I think this is steretyping to be honest. To say that it is mainly men and you avoid airlines that only employ men or mainly men. I think this is sexist and in my honest opinion, as a guy myself, offensive!

I am not saying there are no people like this working as crew, but what I would say is they are most certainly in the minority! I am sorry you got this treatment, but you should have reported them. This kind of behaviour would not be tolerated.

There are strange people in all walks of life and they are men AND women. They are in the minority though so I don't think it is particularly healthy to hate on a certain group of people, employees, or a certain sex though.

somewhereat1l
28th Feb 2010, 22:35
Troll Alert :ugh:

Lynn789 also posted that airline food is all prepared on the ground and re heated in 'Microwave' ovens onboard.

Best to ignore - NFI

etrang
1st Mar 2010, 06:45
Er, airline food IS prepared on the ground and it IS re-heated in flight.

somewhereat1l
1st Mar 2010, 08:01
etrang - not using Microwaves in any of the airlines I've worked for, and thats quite a few. Convection and blanching are the main two re-heating methods.

MrBernoulli
1st Mar 2010, 08:12
BA have microwaves on their 777s!

Dedward
1st Mar 2010, 08:38
I think, Lynn, you are looking for problems where they don't exist.
I am a cabin crew member, in the same city.
In Australia, airlines have very tough entry interview processes.
I don't believe that, as you claim, there are cabin crew who set out to make life difficult for passengers.
I think the 'mostly men' you were referring to is the passenger who is bullied.(?)
unclear, really as you haven't written clearly.
Please, Lynn, get help and don't bother us here.

Basil
1st Mar 2010, 08:57
. . or bullying each other:

Stewardess fight causes flight to be cancelled - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7338734/Stewardess-fight-causes-flight-to-be-cancelled.html)

somewhereat1l
1st Mar 2010, 09:24
I didn't know that Mr B. we don't have them even in 1st

strikemaster82
1st Mar 2010, 12:02
somewhere@1l I presume you don't work for BA then as Jamco Microwave Ovens are fitted to the 777 and 747.

The only pic I could find was this Etihad one:

http://airteamimages.net/pics/86/86280_200.jpg

bitsnpieces
1st Mar 2010, 12:26
I dont think the microwave is used very often, only for heting snacks. Normall ovens used for main meals.

apaddyinuk
1st Mar 2010, 13:24
We have ONE microwave on each 747 and 777! They are NEVER used. Actually the biggest waste of money BA ever invested in. They are used to heat soups and these manky cassarole things that we have in the Club Kitchen self service bar onboard. They are certainly not used for cooking the main food and even the crew have been warned about bringing our own microwave meals onboard after some numpty nearly blew up a microwave trying to heat a baked patatoe!!! :ugh:

As for Lynn....how do you know which airlines hires majority of males? You best avoid BA, I just did a SIN with 14 crew and only 5 of them were girls. Odd though, not a spilt coffee on anyone and everyone got off with a smile and a thanks!