PDA

View Full Version : VS019 - Go around then and hour on hold yesterday

MindSpigot
27th Feb 2010, 19:19
Virgin VS019 from LHR, landing @ SFO 26-Feb aprox 14:30.

My parents were pax on said flight, they told me of a last minute aborted landing, then an hour in hold followed by a seemingly routine touchdown. Apparently because of "something to do with the runway".

Be nice to know what happened.

mrmrsmith
27th Feb 2010, 21:43
simple question, simple answer would be nice, mmmmmmm maybe just too difficult for the previous posters. sorry SLF do watch here, and learn a lot. and oh I think in the long run weeeee pay your wages . food for thought.

Capt Claret
27th Feb 2010, 21:54
tigermagicjohn, might be time to get back into bed, the same side you got out, then get out t'other side. :uhoh:

edit:
ps, don't you hate it that while composing a response, the relevant post gets deleted and a moderator moves the thread! :\

Austrian Simon
28th Feb 2010, 12:47
Virgin VS019 from LHR, landing @ SFO 26-Feb aprox 14:30.

My parents were pax on said flight, they told me of a last minute aborted landing, then an hour in hold followed by a seemingly routine touchdown. Apparently because of "something to do with the runway".

Be nice to know what happened.

Heavy rain, crew couldn't see the runway, went around at decision height, waited for weather clearing up a bit and landed 25 minutes later.

crispey
2nd Mar 2010, 16:20
Happened to me once.Steady on approach for 19L in poor viz then "they" let one go on 28L which meant a go around and a short hold.

It's a tricky place when busy is KSFO it seems.