PDA

View Full Version : Arik Air Sim Assessment's In Oxford

swagger
27th Feb 2010, 15:38
Hi I would like to know why it's taking Arik Air a long time to get back to successful candidates for the sim assessment in Oxford.I Have heard different stories,like Oxford is fully booked can anyone help thanks

eagleflier
1st Mar 2010, 19:32
I know a couple of people who did interviews in November and were told they were successful and would be sent for assessment but still no response so far.
At the same time, some people have been going for assessments.
Think it helps if you've got a valid UK visa.

TonyWilliams
2nd Mar 2010, 17:22
For me, I enquired on 5 Sep 08, interviewed in London on 26 / 27 Sep 08 after somebody cancelled (originally was Dec 08), and was offered the B737 FO job by the interviewers (the DFO, and the B737 fleet manager). Went to sim recurrent training in Denver in Jan 09 for the CRJ, and Lagos 18 Feb 09.

Since there's not a lot of hiring at the moment, I'd expect something quite slow. I think 9 captains are scheduled to leave on the B737 (many to Ryan), and at least one captain leaving the CRJ.

I don't have an accurate number of FO attritions. We're getting more ab initio local guys in the right seats of the Boeing and CRJ. We have two or three now on the CRJ fleet. We also have two rehires coming back.

exeng
2nd Mar 2010, 21:30
Interviewed at Oxford Aviation in early January 2009 for LH seat B.737. I was notified of success in late April 2009 and started in Late May.

Things take time here in Nigeria.

As Tony says a number of folk are leaving for 'greener pastures'. Ryanair is a common destination though I have my doubts as to whether they will find the grass actually any greener.

Regards
Exeng