PDA

View Full Version : Bus services to HKIA

HKPAX
26th Feb 2010, 12:47
I'm doing some research on connectivity to the airport, and would like to have your feedback on some thoughts:

1 - How attractive would it be for flight / cabin staff to have a non-stop bus from Tung Chung terminus (by the MTR) to Terminal 1?

2 - Would you be happy to pay say $5 for this bus ($3.50 today on the S1 bus with a scenic tour of CLK island).

3 - Do you think CX staff / Union would be prepared to join a lobbying campaign for such a service?

Please let me know by PM or posting as you prefer. No, I am not a journo, and I have been a Pprune member for yonks. I will value your input.

Virtual Reality
26th Feb 2010, 14:50
S56 is the only non-stop service from HKIA/Regal Airport Hotel to Tung Chung and only cost HKD3.50. However, it runs every 30 mins....:ugh:

VR

HKPAX
26th Feb 2010, 22:54
Yes VR - thanks for pointing that out. But it takes several stops going TO the airport terminal, although is quicker coming back.

Using S1 entails a long scenic tour of CLK island. I'm trying to get opinion on having a quicker bus, both ways: i.e. a non-stop shuttle from Tung Chung terminus.

hekokimushi
26th Feb 2010, 23:10
i doubt the attractiveness of such a service going from TC to T1 to operating crews as local airline's flight/cabin crews do not report at T1.

however on the return leg. paying an extra $1.50 just to miss out KA house??? good to have option but not a necessity... also, flight crew usually jump on to the AEL or to a shuttle to where their cars are parked. and Cabin crews ususally take the E bus... don't see the logic of having an "express" direct to/from T1 to TC

maybe a more frequent service for the Caribbean Coast, Costal Skyline direct to T1/2 would be much more beneficial for the operating crews living in that area.

my 2 cent

Virtual Reality
27th Feb 2010, 05:47
HKPAX,

It would be very much appreciated if you could either suggest to S56 operator to increase its frequency or negotiate with S64P operator to supplement S56 route/frequency.

Both would be more beneficial to crew living in Seaview Crescent/Le Bleu/La Rossa/Coastal Skyline/Carribean Coast area.....:D:D:D

VR

Sue Ridgepipe
27th Feb 2010, 11:02
+1 for more S56

hongkongfooey
28th Feb 2010, 10:31
Go and talk to whoever got the DB airport bus to go via CX city twice at 1730 every day ( on a trial basis for nearly a year now ), they should have some ideas on how to get a bus company to institute ridiculous, unnecessary bus schedules for a handful of people :ugh: