PDA

View Full Version : GF 1st Class service?

The Sleeping Pax
6th Aug 2000, 02:00
Just got bumped up to 1st from Business Class on a GF flight AUH-BKK. Somehow wish I hadn't. The Steward looked as if he'd come out of half a round with Mike Tyson. A most unattractive character. The lovely Thai stewardess was left to clear up the tables and that was all. The food was out of Spud-U-Like, a "Shrimp Gratin" overflowing a halved potato, and no wine offered during the meal. Speaking to a Business Class PAX whilst queued up at immigration at Don Muang Thursday Morning, being bumped up must have been the worst thing to have happened. The service in the "Middle" was superb they claimed. Thank God I didn't pay the full 1st Class fare! Any other 1st Class nightmares? It was a shame as the GF guy at MCT did a superb job of switching me over to the AUH flight rather than the following days BAH flight at less than 20 mins notice.

By the way! Does the GF Flight, Abu Dhabi-Bangkok-Hong Kong always board through Gate 7, and when is the bloody awful airport at AUH going to be razed to the ground and re-devoloped? The place is an embarrasment to the capital of the UAE.

------------------
Wake me up when we get there

[This message has been edited by The Sleeping Pax (edited 05 August 2000).]

[This message has been edited by The Sleeping Pax (edited 05 August 2000).]