PDA

View Full Version : Optimisation issues (- or 4) ?

Senior Paper Monitor
25th Feb 2010, 16:18
Am dragging my historic optimisation skills (such as they were) up to speed with much research and reading, but this is one I haven't been able to tie down.

It is accepted that having key words match (amongst other things) the domain name helps - I know Keyword-Keyword works, but does Keyword4Keyword work as well, better or worse ?

Any theory behind the advice also appreciated - cheers

Simonta
25th Feb 2010, 20:51
SPM,apologies, not clear from your post what kind of optimisation you mean? I'm guessing search engine?

Cheers

P.S. If it is search engine, sorry, can't help. If it's software coding, then I can but don't know what keyword optimisation is, hence my response..

Senior Paper Monitor
25th Feb 2010, 21:28
Sorry - SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) .... the URL/Domain can assist in what is loosely termed as 'ranking' if there is match between URL/Domain, Keywords, Description, Titles etc.

I am not sure whether separation by a hyphen (which definitely works) is more, less or same effect as a numeral such as 4.

4 would suit me for branding purposes, but do not want to screw up SEO in the process.

lilypage
23rd Aug 2010, 05:24
if it's for branding, 4 would work alright, but if it is to replace a space character, you should be using a hyphen(-), for the search engine purpose

mixture
24th Aug 2010, 06:38
SEO is largely a waste of time these days.

Most of the majors ignore many of the old tricks due to too much abuse, and Google never paid much attention to keywords etc. in the first place anyway.