PDA

View Full Version : Eurocypria Airways

Parapunter
14th Dec 2000, 22:34
SLF peeps, anyone know Eurocypria Airways ? Anything on service, safety record or general experience of Cyprus airways charter outfit would be appreciated. Ex Sim Guy, do you still fly hangies ?

Next Generation PSR
18th Dec 2000, 04:58
Eurocypria operate Airbus A320-200s built during 1992, they are slightly more comfortable than Monarch/JMC/Air 2000 ones as they only seat 174 passengers instead of the usual 180.

They are the charter arm of Cyprus Airways set up to provide holiday capacity to the island.

From a crew point of view I hear in the cabi they are a bit hit and miss, depends I guess what time of day. I wouldn't expect them to be a bundle of laughs on a late night departure from the Uk to Cyprus having just done one inbound 5hr sector.

Also take a good book and other diversionary aids as their aircraft are not fitted with in flight entertainment systems as far as I know.

Generally the airline has good safety and punctuality reputations.

Have a good trip, I'd be interested to see if the above info is accurate.

Evanelpus
19th Dec 2000, 15:17
Parapunter

Flew with Eurocypria a couple of years ago Luton-Papthos and back, very disappointed!!

The aircraft looked 'tired' as were the crew. It was an early departure outbound LTN and an even earlier departure inbound LTN. There was indeed no in-flight entertainment of any sort unless you can call the trolley dolley going base over apex funny.

Service was average but the flights were on time. Would not include them in my 'must fly again' list.

Good luck

Parapunter
19th Dec 2000, 15:34
Thanks for the info guys - flying out tomorrow LGW-LCA & I'd never heard of them either - advice received & understood - I'll take a good book, maybe something by Mcarthur Job...