PDA

View Full Version : Clever Website

frostbite
24th Feb 2010, 21:36
Don't know about you but I get mightily narked by all those sites that ask for an email address and then 'confirm email' by entering it all again.

I usually type it once, then do a cut & paste for the second entry.

Not tonight though! The Philips Electronics website detects that and insists you type it.

Clever that (and bloody annoying).

Bushfiva
24th Feb 2010, 23:13
At a company I work with, nearly 30% of all support calls are from people who are clever enough to cut and paste their email addresses during the registration process, but not clever enough to get their email addresses right the first time.

P.Pilcher
24th Feb 2010, 23:13
On no end of occasions, when I have wanted information from a website where access to the page concerned is dependent on entering an e-mail address and/or entering a telephone number, I take great delight in entering a false e-mail and false telephone number to get the information I want. Provided the e-mail contains an "@" and ends in a .com or .co.uk or.tv e.t.c. the verification software has GOT to accept it. Provided a valid exchange code is entered with an erroneous last two digits of the telephone number then again the software cannot reject it.
This reduces my spam and promotional telephone calls significantly.

P.P.

call100
24th Feb 2010, 23:54
If you ever need a disposable email in a hurry try this. Welcome to GishPuppy - The free disposable email addressing service. (http://gishpuppy.com/)
You can set the email to last for as long or as short as you like. It forwards any emails to an email account of your choice. Just a right click in the relevant box then 'Gish it'..
It's not failed me in the three years I've been using it.
:ok:

hellsbrink
25th Feb 2010, 20:32
Not tonight though! The Philips Electronics website detects that and insists you type it.

The idea is simple. Bots can't type.