PDA

View Full Version : CTC Flexcrew

ElitePilot
24th Feb 2010, 16:42
I heard a rumour Monarch maybe looking at CTC for cadets/flex crew.
Has anyone heard anything similar? Fingers crossed the terms will be different from EZ's!

dustyprops
25th Feb 2010, 09:33
"Finger's crossed the terms will be different from EZ's!"

Highly unlikely mate! Low hours and no experience equals low wages and crap conditions, and so it will continue as long as people keep bending over and taking it.

Starbbuck
25th Feb 2010, 14:53
I would have thought there would still be rated and experienced B75/76 and A320 crew out of work at the moment, (eg GSM, BMI and others) who could be recruited and employed directly by Monarch, even if just on summer or temp contracts, without the need to take on ctc cadets?

Or is it just as simple as ctc and Monarch choosing to line each others pockets at the expense of crew t+c's, in preference to valuing more experienced crew??

:confused:

Kirks gusset
25th Feb 2010, 16:18
I would be very surprised, Monarch have A320 crew working via Parc at Olympic, or did have a couple of months ago. So why?

ZeBedie
26th Feb 2010, 09:11
If Monarch attempt to churn cadets in the way easyjet are, they will face strong opposition from the CC - with the robust support of the BALPA membership. For that reason, I don't think we'll go there.

ElitePilot
26th Feb 2010, 11:46
Cool thats reassuring.