PDA

View Full Version : Business Plan Pro 2007 Export to Word

homesick rae
24th Feb 2010, 09:30
Hi,

I am using the above software and have had no probs in the past but now when I export the BP to Word, when I open the document it is unreadble. Any ideas - coding is set to Windows default in word and I have tried saving as both .doc and .docx.

Any help would be appreciated - so far their tech support has failed to solve it and, as they are in the USA, are closed at the mo - have to send a BP urgently via email later today and IO am stuck!

Many thanks

HR

cdtaylor_nats
24th Feb 2010, 10:03
Can you export to a rich text format file (RTF). Word can read those.

Alternatively try opening the file with Open Office.

Avtrician
24th Feb 2010, 10:28
which version of Word are you using, and have you changed/upgraded recently. It may not be totaly compatible with word 2007, or what ever we are up to now. Open Office may/should work perhaps maybe....

homesick rae
24th Feb 2010, 10:39
Using Word 2007.

Tried both RTF and PDF - saved to desk top but they ain't there!!?

Ta for the replies.

homesick rae
1st Mar 2010, 06:56
Hi,

The response from the software tech people is this:

This issue is with the Office Automation components of the Microsoft Office software suite. These components are only used by a very small set of programs that use them to transfer data to and from Microsoft Office such as how our software does.

I have had no probs before and now they are suggesting reinstalling Office. Is there any other way around the problem above? I am reluctant to reinstall since 1. It worked 2 months ago 2. I have no other issues with Office.

When I go to open said document after exporting it is unreadable - the coding is microsoft default - the tech guys have said that this is not an issue as ,if it was, thousands of people would have this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

HR

Avtrician
2nd Mar 2010, 03:25
Once again, a no cost try may be to download and install open office, and use that to open the files. If it doesnt work, you have only lost a few minutes cos the OO suite is Free.. If it works then bonus..

Mariam Hassan
12th Jul 2010, 06:15
Try using Word 2007 or PDF. It will definitely work.

Mariam
BizPlanCorner.com