PDA

View Full Version : Your help is needed - especially if you fly for FlyNikki or Virgin Atlantic

Clandestino
24th Feb 2010, 03:57
Dear cabin crew, flight attendants, steward(esse)s et al.

I work for SE European airline whose CC union is currently in dispute with employer about reduction in terms & conditions.

As a part of its "openness to discussion and devotion to setting the record straight", our beloved employer claimed that average monthly net pay of our cabin crew of 800 EUR is in line with current practice around us, especially within FlyNikki and Virgin Atlantic that have exactly the same average. 800 Eur is basic average net pay, without per diems or flight additions. There are 12 paychecks around the year, no 13th pay, no Christmas bonus, no summer bonus, nothing. Total monthly income of CC instructor working 17 years for the company and flying 85 HRS on mix of narrowbody jet and regional turboprop flights can just about reach 2000€. New FAs struggle to reach 800€ with all additionals.

So if you work for one of the aforementioned carriers, I would love to hear from you to check whether our beloved employer "carries truth in its heart", as our HR chief was heard to say recently. If you don't, I'd like to hear about your T&Cs, so we could have some data for comparison.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Yours truly

C.

Basil
24th Feb 2010, 11:15
Until someone who knows comes up with an answer have a look at:
http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment-38/

I think any answer you receive will be complicated by rank, seniority and when the responder joined because contracts change from time to time. e.g., IIRC, in the late 90s the BA CC basic salary for new joiners was reduced.

lowcostdolly
24th Feb 2010, 11:30
Clandestino Take it you work for a loco then? If you don't then your management really are taking the p:mad:s!!

I don't work for either VS or flynikki so cannot comment on their T&C's.

I work for a pan european carrier as an SCCM. My take home pay per month is in the region of £1800 dependent on sector pay and commision which is included in this. Obviously some months are better than others so this is ball park. I usually fly in the region of 85 hours

Our newbies are worked to death when they start and can earn well over £1000....you do the maths re euro conversion.

Re "data for comparison" I think you will have to do better than replies on PPrune though for your management to take you seriously.

So your HR chief claims your company management "carries truth in it's heart". That statement rings alarm bells already!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Good luck with your fight :ok: