PDA

View Full Version : SQ328/329 SIN-MUC-MAN vv. - reliable schedule?

jettison valve
23rd Feb 2010, 20:33
Hi,

I am not a scheduling expert, only a little maintenance engineer. :)

But I am really surprised about the tight schedule of the upcoming SQ service SIN-MUC-MAN.

groundtimes as per http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/sia-to-add-munich-stop-to-manchester-singapore-:
MUC 05:35 to 06:35 -> 60 minutes
MAN 08:00 to 09:20 -> 80 minutes
MUC 12:25 to 13:35 -> 70 minutes

While I appreciate that you donīt need to refuel too much on the first two stops, you certainly have to put quite a lot of juice into the airplane for the MUC-SIN leg (if you look at fueling as one of the time-consuming jobs on the ground).
And reviewing the whole trip: There seems to be no buffer / margin if anything goes wrong in one of the segments or the three ground times.
In my previous outfit, we had min. 120min for a long range turn-around station, which gives you a bit of time to sort out the "unplanned events" without an operational impact.

Is the B777 such a reliability beast, and SIA plus the involved airports / ground handlers are so well organised?

Just wondering... :confused:

Regards, J.V.

a345xxx
23rd Feb 2010, 22:03
60 Mins!!! Thats pretty long Ak would probably only need 35 mins!! :)

NOVMO
23rd Feb 2010, 23:03
They may "tanker" fuel on the MAN-MUC flight in order to have less fuel to pump for the MUC-SIN flight.

gb777
23rd Feb 2010, 23:33
SQ applies the same turnaround times in MXP, for their SIN-MXP-BCN
1 hour and 1.10
Probably landing with as much as 60 tons fuel (MLW) after MAN-MUC.
Anyway, the handling company has to agree and guarantee the on-time departures...