PDA

View Full Version : Joke

Rollingthunder
24th Jun 2000, 17:28
With increased air travel during the holiday season, many are winging long distances for the first time since last holiday season.
For the infrequent traveler, I've kept a log of my last cross-country flight to explain just how bad it can be. The flight was from Los Angeles (LAX) to New York City (JFK).

4:30 a.m.: Picked up at home by Phil's Speedy Discount Airport Shuttle. Motto: “If we're more than 15 minutes late, we wouldn't
be the least bit surprised.”

5:45: Arrive Los Angeles International Airport. Curbside check-in offers high tech Computerized Tracking System (CTS) which
ensures that your luggage will arrive in Nepal 20 minutes before you land in New York.

6:00: Ticket counter uses new Random Queuing System (RQS). Queue is a British term meaning: “You're in the wrong line,
stupid.” I queue up in the Odd Size line, then am booted out when told Odd Size refers to luggage only.

6:15: Security check. Foreign passenger ahead of me is asked: “Did person or persons unknown to you pack your luggage, pat
your butt or recite lyrics to anything by Puff Daddy?” He responds, “My salad shooter has an embolism,” and is waved through.

7:30: Preboarding begins for preboards who need assistance, assistants who need preboarding, first class, business class, no class,private 1st classes, tattooed youths, passengers on the wrong plane and those who play dumb and pretend their row has been
called.

8:15: Pilot announces, “The fine folks in maintenance have informed me they have to recalibrate and functionalize the leading edge hydraulic spoiler actuation pressure stabilizer, and will get on it as soon as Chief Mechanic Fat Mel finishes his doughnut.”

11:46: Takeoff.

11:47: Emergency landing to remove Fat Mel from engine cowling.

12:15 p.m.: Re-takeoff.

12:45: Breakfast. Choices are “runny eggs with sumpthin' green in 'em” or “Fruit Loops 'n' curdled milk.”

1:15: Aisle-racing by sugar-rushed toddlers begins.

1:45: Pilot asks if anyone has seen his keys to the liquor cabinet.

2:00: Edited for airline version of Showgirls begins.

2:06: Edited for airline version of Showgirls ends.

3:15: Pilot says, “Passengers on our left side can see Columbus, Ohio. Those on the right can see Lima, Peru.”

4:45: Surly flight attendants collect the breakfast trays.

5:00: Inadvertently land at Teterboro, N.J., airport long-term parking lot. Pilot says he'll taxi aircraft to JFK.

5:15: Skippy the copilot collects spare change for turnpike tolls.

5:30: Detour to Hackensack so Skippy can drop off laundry and tuck in the kids.

6:15: Arrive at gate.

6:45: Computerized Tracking System claims I don't have any luggage, I never had luggage, I'll never have luggage again, and it's
not that fond of my tie.

7:45: Take cab driven by man whose name has 17 consonants and an umlaut. Ululates show tunes all the way to the hotel.

11:45: Luggage from previous trip delivered to room.

— by John H. Corcoran, Jr.

redsnail
25th Jun 2000, 08:55
Bwahahahahaha :)

------------------
reddo
A Feral Animal.

Slasher
25th Jun 2000, 10:41
LOL! Thats a bloodey ripper Rolling! If thats LAX-JFK then youve got to hear Ha Noi (HAN) to Saigon (SGN) here in Nam with my outfit!:

4.00 am: Your picked up by Trang's hotel-Nobai airport shuttle bus and warmly greeted in broken English by the driver. He takes your bags and wonders how he can get a US fiver out of a foreign capitalist like you. He apologises for the broken aircon and smiles but you interpret it that hes calling you a f*cking egghole.

4.30am: The driver turns around and asks you where your flying to today. You reply "Saigon". Instantley he hits the brakes and rudely tells you its "Ho Chi Minh City"! He then spends the next 5 minutes telling you how your bloodey father shot his father and how Nam got liberated from the US opresser, how poor the country is because of the Yanks etc etc. Once you give him a fiver to say sorry he continues to the airport as if nothing happened.

5.00am: Nobai airport. As a foreigner you glide through the check-in while the locals are rudely told by comrades to shut the f*ck up and wait. Because you get special treatment the locals sneer at you.
The check in girl asks what you have in your bag and you reply you have very fine crystal glasses from the shop next to that glorious communist tractor factory. Noting your American accent thats her cue to roughly throw your bag behind her. Your father obviousley shot her father too.

5.15am: You check out the snack shop for anything Western. There isnt any. Meanwhile the gift shop has opened and the girls there are wondering how they can marry you in the next 5 minutes so they can get the hell out of Nam and go to "Amelicka" with you.

5.20am. The terminal PA is turned up 28 times too loud and suddenly you hear seering feedback followed by what only can be described as some poor Asian girl wailfuly screaming while her mouth is being raped. Then the English version follows (still with what sounds to be a dick in her mouth) telling you to bore your fry in te' mirri.

5.30am: You give your chit to the boarding gate bloke and proceed out to your aeroplane, a 737. At the steps you see a foreign-looking captain on a handphone. He sees you staring at him and yells "what the bloody hell are you staring at pal?" Hmmm.....rude bastard. Wonder who he is? :)

5.35am: You sit in cattle class next to a local who offers you some fresh pork from a greasey rolled up newspaper. From his smell its clear he deals in unwashed pigs.

5.40am: You taxy out with Highway To Hell blasting over the PA. Sh*t who chooses the music??? :)

5.45am: You take off into thunderstorms

5.50am: Your climbing in thunderstorms

6.00am: Your cruising in thunderstorms

6.10am: Your cruising in thunderstorms

6.20am: Your cruising in thunderstorms. Most of the foreign travelers start vomiting. You vomit from the stench of their vomit.

6.25am: Your cruising in thunderstorms

6.30am: Your cruising in thunderstorms (still). That rude pr*ck of a captain makes a lazy PA that the storms are all the way and theyll be no food service because the cabin crew will have to remain seated.

6.31am: Round of cheers heard from the cabin crew.

6.32am: You gladly accept the last piece of newspaper-ink covered pork from that passenger next to you.

6.35am: Your not cruising in thunderstorms. You leap out and have a quick leak, avoiding that strange puddle on the floor.

6.40am: Your cruising in thunderstorms (again)

6.45am: Your cruising in thunderstorms

6.50am: Your cruising in thunderstorms. Bloodey highway to hell allright!

6.55am: Your still cruising in thunderstorms.

7.00am: Your descending in thunderstorms. Sh*t.

7.15am: You approach in thunderstorms.

7.20am: You land in heavy rain.

7.30am: You walk 10 miles to the terminal in rain because the terminal bus has broken down. Your airport services-provided umbrella leaks.

7.45am: You get your bags and see your captain running into the company office with what looks like a laptop. Who is that guy? He sees you staring at him again and yells "Will you stop bloodey staring at me? @rsehole!"

7.50am: You get into a cab. The driver asks you where your from. You say Hanoi. He asks you if this is your first time here. You reply yes as youve always wanted to see Ho Chi Minh City. The driver stamps on the brakes and angrily tells you its "SAIGON"! He then spends the next 10 minutes how Ho Chi Minh and his bunch of thugs ruined the country, how the South Viets loved the Yanks, how the country is poor because of Ho Chi f*cking Minh and his commie thugs etc etc. You give him a fiver to say sorry and he starts moving again as if nothing happened.

8.30am: You get your your hotel room, connect up your laptop and log on to PPRuNe. You intend to share this experience with other PPRuNers, but decide instead to reply to a freshly-sent post called "Why does SLF keep bloodey staring at me?" written by someone called S......! :)

[This message has been edited by Slasher (edited 25 June 2000).]

VelvetStrokes
25th Jun 2000, 17:14
RollingThunder been there done that, though in a different city and luggage went to Hong Kong, but same difference.

Slasher the way to a girl's heart is definitely with a sense of humour.

Absofrigginglutely brilliant

------------------
Stroke me and I purr rrrrrr I'm such a sensual babe

but remember I have claws as well

[This message has been edited by VelvetStrokes (edited 25 June 2000).]