PDA

View Full Version : PIA pilot assaulted by steward at Bahrain airport

NG_Kaptain
23rd Feb 2010, 14:05
PIA pilot assaulted by steward at Bahrain airport | ArabianSupplyChain.com (http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/article-3717-pia-pilot-assaulted-by-steward-at-bahrain-airport/)

"A member of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight crew has been accused of physically assaulting one of the airline’s pilots while their aircraft was in transit at Bahrain Airport.

Both PIA and Bahrain authorities have launched an inquiry into the incident, which was reported in Karachi-based tabloid The International News.

A copy of the pilot’s statement was obtained by the newspaper, with claims that he was “showered with punches after a barrage of verbal abuses” when the PIA flight PK-289 was at Bahrain Airport on 13th February.

The incident was apparently fuelled by a disagreement over problems with the cockpit door operation. The accused was eventually offloaded at Bahrain Airport by the station manager, after which the flight was dispatched to Lahore.

“This sudden unprovoked physical and verbal assault threw me in a shock initially as I was sitting on my seat and not expecting such a rash act of criminal assault on me,” stated the pilot, Captain Shahab Anees."

pinkus
24th Feb 2010, 05:20
Must have asked for his lunch and a hot towel in the middle of boarding....

That'll learn him! :p

captainsmiffy
24th Feb 2010, 06:19
....or even teach him, maybe!!

MosEisley
24th Feb 2010, 06:42
"That'll learn him" is a colloquialism used in the southern US.

pinkus
24th Feb 2010, 07:11
One would think the tongue sticking out face right next to the phrase would have let on that it was said in jest....

Urban Dictionary: That'll learn them (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=That'll%20learn%20them)

NG_Kaptain
24th Feb 2010, 09:24
What about Air India pilots fighting the cabin crew on a Sharjah Delhi flight last October. CRM must be great in the Sub Continent:p

lpokijuhyt
24th Feb 2010, 10:15
Finally. A very funny story.

Cessna5370M
24th Feb 2010, 11:29
according to an insider, the pilot was punched and strongly abused by the stewardess. The reason was that the pilot had his girlfriend with him in the cockpit. During the time she was there he called the stewardess more than 20 times to bring stuff and do stuff. At the last call the stewardess was sick and tired and utilized violence....

allaru
24th Feb 2010, 11:48
Whats the problem already, probably got bitch slapped, and cat scratched, followed by having his hair pulled. He or she probably got extra pissed off cause its hair got out of place, and broke a nail.

I would have had it locked up in Bahrain but that's me..I'm sure there would have been a couple of burly Turkish prisoners there to keep it company.