PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue say no to new plans

Ultergra
23rd Feb 2010, 00:58
"Perth Airport's plans to lure all major domestic airlines except Qantas to its proposed low-cost Terminal WA appear to be in limbo after key airline Virgin Blue said that the terminal, which has no aerobridges, no longer meets it needs.

The airline's code-share partner Skywest Airlines is apparently reluctant to move to TWA on the other side of the airport because passengers would have to take a bus across the airport to connect with other flights."

Virgin Blue blow hits Perth airport plan - The West Australian (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/6840516/virgin-blue-blow-hits-perth-airport-plan/)

piston broke again
23rd Feb 2010, 03:28
Smart move. Terminal WA should be for likes of regionals...Skippers, Skywest, Alliance, Network etc. Aerobridges for the majors makes sense.

Mr. Hat
23rd Feb 2010, 07:20
Yep good move VB, paying passengers (families with small children or business people) don't want to mix with dazza and the boys from mine site x. If you got your ticket for 30 bucks well I guess you get what you paid for!

They are two separate types of passengers and they shouldn't be mixed.

Only problem with that theory is what happens when VB starts picking up mining contracts up?...back to square one.

I suppose JET RPT one terminal charter/GA/low cost for the other sounds the go.

Long Bay Mauler
23rd Feb 2010, 12:35
Terminal WA looks like a white elephant.It is such a waste of money.If this is an example of private enterprise running and planning an airport,then we should really go back to major infrastructure being in government hands.Not even the government could have made such a mistake.

In a perfect world,the domestic terminals would have been given to the regionals after the International Terminal was extended to include both domestic and international aircraft.That would have made Perth a truely world class airport.

Its unbelieable,but there isnt even underground pressure refuelling available.And it is still not even up and running.Apparently the light towers block the ATC view of the southern parts of the runway & taxiways.

WAC management and board should be highly embarrassed by what has been built.

topend3
23rd Feb 2010, 14:01
In a perfect world,the domestic terminals would have been given to the regionals after the International Terminal was extended to include both domestic and international aircraft.That would have made Perth a truely world class airport.

I think you will find that is the plan, the international building will be expanded to cater for domestic and international and existing domestic will become regional terminals...

sled_driver71
24th Feb 2010, 05:51
Mr Hat surely you cant be serious. What about those companies that operate half RPT and half charter. Are they to operate out of two different terminals? Airlines such as Virgin do RPT to places like Newman but the clients are 'dazza and the boys' as you called them.

Piston broke again - does that mean when Virgin and Qantas do regional flying throughout WA (EMB-190 and B717) they get moved over to the regional hub therefore splitting there operations??

piston broke again
24th Feb 2010, 07:05
sled driver - it's called Terminal WA. It would make sense to have companies that only operate to purely 'regional' destinations. Skywest operate to Melbourne ex Kal but does that really make them a major interstate airline?...I don't think so.

Mecarsa Bitrusty
24th Feb 2010, 12:15
A lot of companies like Skippers, Cobham, Network, etc, have perfectly good terminals that are fully self contained, why would they want to move to this terminal WA?

Poor judgement by WAC :ugh:

Capn Bloggs
25th Feb 2010, 11:51
VB had better move to the "other" side - I won't be able to cope with the 1km walk to seat 0A and back for much longer! :{

I think you will find that is the plan, the international building will be expanded to cater for domestic and international and existing domestic will become regional terminals...
To go with the parallel runway...in 2029.:E