PDA

View Full Version : Supermarine Swift

NeilCP
22nd Feb 2010, 20:12
Hello Guys n Gals,am trying to find some photos or diagrams of the Swifts large belly tank on its ground handeling trolly.Would anyone be able to help.Many thanks.....Neil

Double Zero
23rd Feb 2010, 19:21
Hello Neil,

There is a preserved Swift at Tangmere, West Sussex, Military Aircraft Museum - don't recall any centreline / slipper tank, in fact pretty sure that example doesn't have one ( though of course the resident Lightning does ) but the chief engineer Keith may be able to help if you can catch him when in - Tel.01243 7900900.

I hope they can be of use, otherwise I suggest it's maybe probably better to try among surviving Supermarine people, especially groundcrew; I'm sure there are people on this this thread at Duxford or similar who can answer you ?! -

NeilCP
23rd Feb 2010, 20:12
Hiya double zero,Thanks for the reply,have already emailed Tangmere,awaiting a reply.Will try Duxford.Thanks again....Neil

T-21
27th Feb 2010, 10:37
Great web site for pictures and pilots notes of the Swift FR.5 2 Sqn - Pictures (http://www.rafjever.org/2squadpictures.htm)

NeilCP
27th Feb 2010, 11:13
Wow,thanks t-21,that is a great site.:):ok:

T-21
28th Feb 2010, 15:25
Also superb book on Swifts "Swift Justice"by Nigel Walpole side colour profiles and drawings of all Swift marks .

NeilCP
2nd Mar 2010, 13:16
Thanks again T-21,already have the book on order from Amazon.I got a reply from Tangmere this week,Unfortunatly they couldnt help,they did offer me access to there records though,but its a bit far for me to go.They also suggested i try Hendon ,so i will probably go that route next.
Thanks again.....Neil

T-21
2nd Mar 2010, 13:20
There is a nice Swift at Newark Air Museum,very friendly staff they may be able to help with AP's Air Publications on the belly tank.