PDA

View Full Version : Leg Room

greenarrow
3rd Jun 2000, 21:25
Watch out if your after extra leg room on Virgin 744 dont ask for an emergency exit seat. They have a dirty great inflatable stuck to the door and this gives less leg room than standard!

Vortex Wake
4th Jun 2000, 00:04
On the same thread we were on a Brittanaia 757 and some people behind had no window, only a panel. Some time later watchdog happened to cover this and I do believe it is the row 11 seats d/e/f which are 'non viewing'.
Airline timetables usually have seat maps with these marked out though..

TPuk
7th Jun 2000, 18:58
Had exactly the same problem as you on a Britannia 767! Sat in row 11 for take-off at LGW on an early morning flight. Visibility was really low though, so wouldn't have seen much anyway.

Landing was slightly better. Dominican Republic, mid-afternoon, blazing 33* heat, approach over the most fantastic turquoise sea you've ever seen, oh yes... and I was on the jump seat!!!

The most fantastic trip of my life, all thanks to a kind hearted Britannia pilot from PPRuNe that set it up for me. He knows who he is.

I really appreciate it!

TPuk

ExSimGuy
10th Jun 2000, 09:38
Great to see the PPRuNe "system" working! The view when landing must certainly have more than made up for the lack of it taking off :) :)

------------------
Flight Sims, very expensive toys - but real fun to play with!

Pom Pax
20th Jun 2000, 04:35
A tip to get extra space.
Very occassionaly an "odd" a/c is scheduled to fly a "unusual" route, i.e. a 747 where normally 737s are used. Example Thai Phucket - Bangkok 12 flights a day, 9 Airbus, 1 737, 1 777 and 1 747. Now this is 2 class route no 1st class but the 747 has 14 first class seats. Ask for one of these 14 and hay presto all the space you need.
I expect there are plenty of other examples about so do a bit of research but don't bag my seat A1.

Pax_1A
20th Jun 2000, 08:00
your seat?

The Sleeping Pax
22nd Jun 2000, 13:18
Business Class Row 9 on Gulf Air. Not enough Room to stretch the seat fully due to the panel dividing Business from 1st Class. Use Rows 10-12.

------------------
Wake me up when we get there

bravo 2-0
27th Jun 2000, 11:39
Sleeping Pax:

What sort of aircraft on GF for those seats, as I use them a fair bit?

Ta!