PDA

View Full Version : Pilots begin four-day Strike

GlobalMaster
22nd Feb 2010, 04:23
The pilots' union of Lufthansa began a strike Monday after a last-ditch effort at negotiations over pay and job security failed, a spokeswoman for the airline told CNN. The four-day work stoppage by the pilots' union of one of the world's largest airlines threatened to disrupt travel on more than two dozen partner airlines later on Monday.[/font]

The union is also concerned with the airline's recent buying spree of small regional carriers, such as BMI and Austrian Airlines which, it says, is cannibalizing flights away from union-flown routes."We fly less hours and have less potential for (performance-related bonuses)," Handwerg said. "We want to have the opportunity to grow, but instead it shrinks."

In a statement, Lufthansa said: "In addition to demands on job security, however, the union also insisted on a greater say on fundamental entrepreneurial issues, equating to intervention in business management at the airline. That demand cannot be accepted."

Video Report available at:
Lufthansa pilots will strike | Video | Reuters.com (http://uk.reuters.com/news/video?videoChannel=2603&videoId=44349283)

VdV
22nd Feb 2010, 08:58
I wish the pilots at easyJet would do the same. Oh hang on they are the biggest bunch of cowards in the industry.

flyprototype
22nd Feb 2010, 09:47
strike or no strike, luft can kick all these pilots out, and start to run their own P2F scheme (zahl um zu fieken).
This is what it cost to run psychotest that 2% of people can pass at their DLR nazi test..
they all think they are the best of the best, and now go on strike!
they think they are non-replacable!

I don't approve with these pilots, and I don't approve with this airline.
I think the world will better without these old companies which were financed in the past by some mupets in the government.
We drift slowly to the Pay to Fly scheme (if they want remain competitive in the futur. the P2F is regrettably the only solution to stay in the competition).

This profession is dead!

Heil Luft!

superced
22nd Feb 2010, 10:59
"wish the pilots at easyJet would do the same. Oh hang on they are the biggest bunch of cowards in the industry"

That's exactly right...

Nightfire
22nd Feb 2010, 13:31
Flyprototype - Someone like you would pass the Lufty psychometric test with 110%, that's for sure. And LH would certainly love to kick out all of their drivers, if only they could have you to replace them. Just unfortunately you would never want to work for them anyway. Is that about right? :hmm:

Tolan
22nd Feb 2010, 14:15
flyprototype only has a PPL so I don't think his opinion counts :rolleyes:.

parabellum
22nd Feb 2010, 21:09
According to this mornings news the pilots have suspended their strike action. Going back to the table.