PDA

View Full Version : Fire Boss training

avijacijamk
21st Feb 2010, 10:02
Hi guys,

My friend must go on training for a Air Tractor AT-802A Fire Boss with floats in Valencia, Spain next week. He ask me if I can find out if someone here have some expirience with that kind of training who is willing to share his/her expirince with the training in Valencia, Spain. Thanks

N707ZS
21st Feb 2010, 11:42
Hi try the Spanish forum you might get some help there.

Out of curiosity has your friend got float plane experience as I have not seen a twin seat fire boss with floats, plenty without though.

They are nice people at Avialsa/air tractor Europe.

maxspeed
13th Mar 2010, 00:48
one bit of advice is that you should first put on your helmet before attempting to climb into the thing!

maxspeed
13th Mar 2010, 00:53
The second dual cab fire boss is in Australia, the first is still with wipair as the development model they used to get it approved.

SNS3Guppy
15th Mar 2010, 17:25
I have seaplane time, air tractor 802 time, and plenty of firefighting time...but nothing in the fireboss. He should receive the training he needs at the school.

Tell him to remember that a loaded tanker, whether it's a large four-engine tanker or a single engine air tanker, is a heavy airplane when working a fire in terrain. Treat it accordingly. It's performance-limited, and has a greatly reduced margin for error. When climb performance is very limited, not much downdraft is required to completely eliminate any positive climb capability. Never allow the airplane to enter into a position where a tight turn to escape is required, causing an accelerated stall. Always assume that one will not be able to lose the load, and plan all operations accordingly. If one can't enter a situation and safely exit it with the full load on board, then don't enter that situation, period.