PDA

View Full Version : Saudi / Kuwaiti carriers merging rumour

seRIOusGRUdge
20th Feb 2010, 15:35
There is one rumour about 2 carriers from Saudi and Kuwait who will merge. It is not about the Saudia Airlines or Kuwaiti Airways, this was talked about for the low cost ones NAS, Sama, Jazeera, Wataniya. The rumour is that one of these will,might,could,is thinking of merging with the other one.

It was also in one of the newspapers but in Arabic one and some Arabic staff talking about it seeing it. Even in the newspaper the names were not mentioned so I dont know why they would write this without some details.

BadAndy
20th Feb 2010, 19:38
NAS needs planes and crews for their planned expansion to the Indian sub-continent. Jazeera has planes and crews sitting around being under-utilized. Both have stated in interviews (over the last several years, mind you) that they see themselves as major players in the Gulf region LCC game. A merger of these carriers would make sense, and could make them major players (competitive with Air Arabia, for instance). It would also make them more than competitive against the other (bogged down in red tape and inefficiency) national carriers. So, it makes sense to me (excluding the huge egos at play at both places...). We shall see............

411A
20th Feb 2010, 20:12
BadAndy is more or less correct...and the jungle drums are beating rather loudly at the moment.
The future will tell.

Bukkake
21st Feb 2010, 16:02
I work for NAS and have heard absolutely nothing about a merger......so far.