PDA

View Full Version : HKCAD & kidneystones

Flaps69
20th Feb 2010, 13:29
I just found out I might have two small kidney stones(<5 mm), does anybody know if HKCAD will allow me to keep the medical or if it is a full stop situation if I inform them?

Any information would be highly appreciated

boocs
20th Feb 2010, 15:10
There is 1 pilot at KA I know who had kidney stone/s but after having it/them removed is back online.

b.

Steve the Pirate
20th Feb 2010, 21:27
Flaps

I know of a guy in CX who has just had a kidney stone pulverised with ultrasound (or however they do it). He's back flying already and this happened within the last 2 months. If you PM me I'll see if he minds you getting in touch with him to discuss the gory details.

STP

404 Titan
21st Feb 2010, 00:43
I also know another guy in CX who had a Kidney Stone a few years back. I seem to recall he said it wasn't a problem as long as he didn't get them a second time. My advise is drink lots af water and stay off the piss, coffee and tea.

beepe
21st Feb 2010, 07:17
I had a kidney stone, they required reports from a urologist every couple of years to prove that they had not recurred. If clear for 7 years then case closed. Not too sure but believe that if they keep recurring then you risk losing your medical. So drink plenty of water and stay off the cheap multi vitamins as I suspect thats what caused mine.

Flaps69
21st Feb 2010, 22:41
Thank you all for the info, I just found out on friday afternoon and wasn't able to find any info at all on the CAD website. Now I know what to do

Cpt. Underpants
21st Feb 2010, 23:38
One of our STC's on the B744 lost his medical about 5 or 6 years ago as a result of kidney stones.

He reappears every now and then during a LOSA audit.