PDA

View Full Version : Interlink Liquidated

CALCULATOR
20th Feb 2010, 04:59
Just had a phone call from a staff member/friend of mine at Interlink airlines to advise that the company has been liquidated.There web site is saying that the site is suspended.Does anybody else have more info??/update?

Was about to book a flight to Cape Town??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Goldfish Jack
20th Feb 2010, 11:41
Also got a message this morning saying the same

Was inevitable .........

piapito
22nd Feb 2010, 06:35
I'm sad, and feel allot for the employees of that company. I just hope that somebody will lock-up that damn dude with the thick glasses and attitude. It just seem that he cant make a success of anything, despite his position and ability to pull strings in high places and having money, useless!!!. Poor Fool.

I hope the staff get jobs soon. Good luck guys.

legacy
23rd Feb 2010, 05:45
I have read the "Beeld" article, but no one else seems to be publishing anything one this. Their website still running as normal. Surely if this is the case they cannot be allowed to still sell tickets??
- makes one wonder if it is really happening?!? :confused:

Flymecpt
23rd Feb 2010, 06:33
Apparently its under Judicial Management so they are allowed to continue to trade - my guess is the Adminstrator is going to keep it going until after SWC2010 due to the number of charter bookings/slots etc they have and then either sell it off or close it down

legacy
25th Feb 2010, 08:44
Latest News:
Eyewitness News: Grounded Interlink Airlines waits for liquidator (http://www.ewn.co.za/articleprog.aspx?id=33433)

Cardinal Puff
25th Feb 2010, 08:56
Bulldoze the 73s in with the other junkers at the 'Boom, get rid of the halfwits at the exits, tear down the crap they built to impede access to the apron and move the GA stuff back to where it was. Being harassed by clowns before walking halfway across the airport to get to your aircraft is a pain in the arrse, all for something doomed to fail before it even took off. They insisted my crash axe go through the X-ray machine, FFS!:rolleyes:

Let's get back to enjoying a pizza at Giovanni's while looking at an apron full of aircraft instead of a desolate wasteland with razor wire, building rubble and the odd aircraft parked out in the wilderness.

Bah! Humbug!:}

ambasador
1st Mar 2010, 04:35
How can these guys still be selling tickets if they're being liquidated? Where's the transport department's "protection" for the public??:confused:

An airline selling tickets to the public when that airline is not going to honour it's side of the deal! := I think anyone buying tickets with them now would be crazy to do so!

Their website is still making bookings - give them a call - they will be more than willing to take your money without a hint of a flight even happening! They calmly tell you that they are not flying because they are being liquidated, but they can still make a booking for you.... EISH!:eek:

Flymecpt
2nd Mar 2010, 04:44
A liquidator has the right to either continue operating the business in order to raise a higher price for its assets as a "going concern" or shut it down entirely. I understand from a staff member that they were instructed to continue trading until the final official appointment of a liquidator today (Tue 02 Mar). Revenue from ticket sales is apparently going into a trust account which will be refunded if the liquidator decides to close the business down. Agreed though, the brand is badly damaged and it will be a tough job for a liquidator to keep trading under the Interlink name. Pity, their actual service (when they flew) was bloody good and I flew with them numerous times.

legacy
2nd Mar 2010, 04:59
According to "hellopeter.com" website - it seems there are alot of complaints already from passengers not getting any joy in their refund applications. These are apparently refunds that people applied for in Dec - before the chaos - that have not been paid out yet! I sincerely hope the trust account is actually active and will be managed diligently to refund these people.

According to the website: 27 complaints: 30% of which are for "Billing/Accounts" and "breach of contract", 4% for "late/no delivery" and a further 19% are for "other" - of which they all refer to not getting their money back.

There are only 4 compliments.

Cave Troll
2nd Mar 2010, 06:29
Allegiance air was involved in all this wonderboom drama along with interlink. I have to wander how involved they were. Could EM just cut his losses and run. I just feel for the crew that have stuck it out at Allegiance waiting for all these promises that never happened. This Wonderboom Schedule being the biggest one!

ct

ambasador
2nd Mar 2010, 08:08
Thats sad to hear about Allegiance air being involved - I suppose that's where the BAE's were going to come from? Why did they never arrive - what happened?

Flymecpt
2nd Mar 2010, 09:00
I heard there were issues with the Bae 146 previous owners - missing manuals etc - maybe things would have been a bit better for ID out of
Wonderboom had they come on board as planned.

Cave Troll
3rd Mar 2010, 04:37
Ambasador you are right it is very sad but it is the nature of the beast. EM has this affinity for getting involved with all these dodgy operations. Brazzaville, Libreville and even Comoros all speak for them selves. What makes it even worse is that the crew are lead around following all these "carrots" that end up being dead ends. Some of the guys are really good guys and as far as I am concerned are completely waisted working there. As for the Bae's they were involved in some sort of legal battle and which resulted in the long storage. As a result of that they deteriorated into a shocking state. As far as I know they are still at KMI gathering dust. As for the manuals I am sure they will just use photo copies.....................!

ct

legacy
3rd Mar 2010, 05:23
Have the staff heard anything from their management? Has a liquidator been appointed yet?

Flymecpt
3rd Mar 2010, 06:41
3 liquidators applied yesterday for appointment - the successful candidate should be announced today.

Malagant
4th Mar 2010, 06:19
Spoke to one of the Captains, he is owed 2 months salary and S&T. They were told to just keep flying that all is ok and it`s just a glitch with accounting that will be sorted and they will be payed..! Management knew what was happening and they just blatantly lied to the crew! Like in most cases, the crew gets the short end of the stick..:yuk:

WhinerLiner
4th Mar 2010, 08:06
What did he expect? Did he think the thieving Indian was going to reform? If you choose to work for a complete crook then you are aligning yourself with that way of doing things and you should not cry foul later.

Also, if the oke is so stupid that he keeps flying after he hasn't been paid for the first month then its difficult to be sympathetic.

ambasador
4th Mar 2010, 09:08
News reports say they have been battling financial losses "over the past few months"... how did they get the tender if they didn't have the finance to back it?

I suppose they hoped it would give them the "boost" they needed to survive, but starting a new unknown route is no joke. I don't think he did his research properly.

legacy
5th Mar 2010, 10:05
I have not seen the article, but heard from a friend that apparently Beeld is reporting today that the airport is going to appoint a new operator since Interlink has not honoured their contract with them.

Anyone got news on this? Quite interesting to follow - so who's next in there???

Malagant
5th Mar 2010, 11:38
Whinerliner..do you think everybody knows the history of his/her employer, do we as crew now first have to get a backround check on employers etc to see if they crooked..cause then many of the SA pilots would be out of work, that Capt didn`t align himself with the boss as you imply..he was offered a job, and he took it just like many others as it pays the bills in a industry where work is not readily available! To further say that he is stupid to continue work after he wasn`t paid for one month is actually rather ignorant of you, he isn`t the only employee, all the crew and cabin crew is then stupid according to you?? They continued flying after beieng told that they would be paid, what if he refused to fly, he would most probably have been without a job rather quick if the company did pay! These stupid Interlink employees are now without work, and they and their families are the ones that have to suffer now, so maybe think it over before you start typing next time!:=

WhinerLiner
6th Mar 2010, 10:33
Yes, you should be careful who you take work from. If you are willing to work for anyone that makes a promise to you without being diligent and and principled in your decision then you are opening yourself up to disappointment. If you can't take care of yourself then you will get taken for a ride.

Yes you should stop working if you haven't been paid. If you keep working and they keep not paying you then the outcome is somewhat obvious.

waterwings61
6th Mar 2010, 16:37
CT out of curiosity, can you tell us what is wrong with the BAEs

Cave Troll
7th Mar 2010, 05:21
"CT out of curiosity, can you tell us what is wrong with the BAEs"

I think a better question is "What is right with the BAEs?" The list would be shorter.
Seriously though it has been a while since I saw the planes but back then the list was long. As I said they have been at KMI for a while and quite possibly have been worked on. Put is this way. They were flyable............day time only and only essential crew and only for the ferry to KMI. Not sure what has happened with them since then. I know the paperwork was an issue as well.

ct

Der absolute Hammer
7th Mar 2010, 06:28
Inferior imitations of Russian tractors!

four engine jock
8th Mar 2010, 07:59
I was in the Lounge in ORT on Saterday and read there In-Flight Magazine. What a scam!!!!!!!!

ambasador
8th Mar 2010, 08:22
what was in the mag??
I agree on his op being one major scam - he always seemed to get "contracts" being fully "BEE" as he advertised..
how did this guy NOT make money??
Missmanagement - i thinks!

legacy
11th Mar 2010, 11:16
EWN reported yesterday that airport was in negotiations with "another operator" and seems there is a possible "take over" of Interlink (if I havie it right).

Perhaps hope for the staff!?