PDA

View Full Version : Farewell To MR2

RumPunch
19th Feb 2010, 23:52
I just ask if its a possability for all out there to have a salute to the Mighty on the 31st March when she bows out of service. Ive been fortunate to see many salute to the bases as aircraft over the last 20 years bow out but I just have bad vibes the Nimrod will get f*** all. For many crew out there If there is a chance you can call by Kinloss and give a farewell that would just be splendid. 31st will be a very emotional day for all and people will be there in numbers i just hope the RAF gives one last send off to a servent who has ben shafted by the powers above. I am 100% sure the powers at ISK have already sorted it but it will be the saddest day ever but our brothers to show the support and salute in any way possible will be the best thing ever.

Low level burners and pride we are in the RAF still. Bad days ahead but for one day please give us a show , give us some pride to be part of something that just gets worse

Thank you

getsometimein
20th Feb 2010, 08:37
The last flight will include a fly through at a dozen or so airfields up the UK, starting with St Mawgan or whatever its called now.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
20th Feb 2010, 11:35
I'm not sure how getsometimein worked that out - good idea as it maybe. Perhaps he could maybe tell the crew?

Incidentally, I believe that an MR2 will be on RS120 till 2359 on 31 Mar 10; so who knows what the last sortie will comprise?

I do concur with Rumpunch, however, that it would be nice for the rest of the RAF to say goodbye.

Duncs:ok:

Gp Capt L Mandrake
20th Feb 2010, 12:06
Hi Duncs,

we have a cunning plan..............................:ok:

Best wishes

Buster

Hoots
20th Feb 2010, 12:43
Duncan, I was thinking of maybe some ASUW for the final (possibly) flight

:O

thunderbird7
20th Feb 2010, 13:12
If you are at SMG the Fowey estuary is always good for sightseeing :ok:

cynicalint
20th Feb 2010, 13:13
Any chance of visiting Chicksands on the way to or from Wyton?

Fat Chris
20th Feb 2010, 14:06
Chicksands? Chicksands???

What a bloody awful idea.

I reckon the R1 should be made to do that one, if someone has to.

:E

Pontius Navigator
20th Feb 2010, 16:38
Malta would be a better start point :}

Then Gibraltar.

Gate Guardians perhaps?

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
20th Feb 2010, 18:15
Will it include Hawarden, Chadderton (what's left of it) and Woodford? I suppose Hatfield would be nice but probably likely to reinforce the "it's still a Comet" prejudice.

RumPunch
21st Feb 2010, 01:56
Woodford wishes for an MR2 Visit , even a fly past .But in this day and age people think why .I just hope 31st March it will be cool
:ok:

Not Long Here
21st Feb 2010, 07:22
I have spent literally half my life flying the MR1 and 2 and am now too far away to see a farewell tour but all the best to everyone at ISK for the future with the MRA 4.

Cheers all

Stu

Ex 42, 201, 206, 236 OCU, 42(R) and most proudly NFTC

ghostnav
21st Feb 2010, 13:25
Can you flypast Stanley while you are at it please.....

sargs
21st Feb 2010, 14:57
Cynicalint: Any chance of visiting Chicksands on the way to or from Wyton?

You sold out from the kipper fleet years ago - why would they bother? Of course, if you wish to revisit the glory years, you could always get an IA brevet - rumour has it that the qualification bar for IntO's is set purposely low......

Shadwell the old
21st Feb 2010, 15:09
Hi Not Long here,

Wot no 203 - get some time in!

Regards

Shadwell

Vim_Fuego
21st Feb 2010, 15:42
Ex 42, 201, 206, 236 OCU, 42(R) and most proudly NFTC

One hopes you have found a supplier of Hormel chilli and jock pies down there?

BATS
21st Feb 2010, 19:34
Oi Shadwell - was 203 where the longest bogey in the world competition started..........and you've missed 38 Sqn !

nimboboy
21st Feb 2010, 21:12
Hi getsometimein, it,s still St Mawgan, not what the prats on the council call it!!, be great to see one, maybe two?, of the old girls again, we sure have missed them.

fergineer
21st Feb 2010, 23:46
hi not long here you missed the premiere squadron off your list.......120. Spent my time there and the sim sqn. Could get the boys to fly down here for a quick visit.

Shadwell the old
22nd Feb 2010, 14:05
Hi BATS.

Nah that was when we were in Ascension doing the mega SAR, for which PR won the Arthur Daly memorial prize and MH had the thing with Meryll Streep

I also did not mention 120 when I replied to Not Long Here. I know who he is and I think he is quite a junior in the maritime world and I am not sure if he ever managed to get a B cat!

Only joking Stu

Regards

Shadwell

vecvechookattack
22nd Feb 2010, 14:46
Agreed - It is still RAF St Mawgan....

Any chance of a fly past Chivenor?