PDA

View Full Version : Bored silly

Rollingthunder
4th May 2000, 01:02
LHRYYC 9hrs 38 mins for example...
Let's see, in-flt films,in-flt audio, CD player, book, mags, food,do some work on laptop,beverages,sleep,re-read the airsickbag,solid cloud cover out window.
Still bored.
Anyone have something new and interesting to occupy in flight time with?

FlyingV
4th May 2000, 02:00
Ask to visit the FD (I'm assuming you're not the pilot :) ).
Get an aisle seat so u can check out the hosties.
Organize a karaoke contest with your fellow pax (always popular :) )
Or a blind date competition.

So many possibilities............

Self Loading Freight
4th May 2000, 06:12
Things I've done recently:

Initiate conversation with next-door neighbour, revealing in-depth (if incorrect) knowledge of aircraft systems, the many interesting ways in which they can fail and the many fascinating consequences thereof? "Of course, they've fixed the fuel pump problem on this series, but if we did lose an engine now we'd probably divert to Toronto if the weather hasn't closed in. If it has, things get hairy... er, you OK?"

Persuade yourself that the seat-back LCD screen is in fact displaying the thoughts of the person sitting in front of it.

Start writing a novel.

R

VelvetStrokes
4th May 2000, 18:08
Thank you SLF - I think I had one of your neighbours after you.

Had my hand grabbed by a drunk, traumatised pax, who whispered 'do you think it's safe'. Then he proceeded to close his eyes and with a vice like grip trapped my hand between his paw and the seat arm, then proceeded to mutter prayers until, fortunately, he did subside into slumber after about 10 mins.

One of the few occasions I have made a dash for the exit as the seatbelt signs are switched off.

half a monte
8th May 2000, 14:05
Boredom.....

Nah... easy just book yourself on an American flight, open your mouth tell them your Australian. The rest of the flight should be a peach. Ask a local american travel tips on where you should go to eat, drink, dance shop etc etc in their respective city and before long you will have invitations left right and centre.

Act innocent, be alluring and appreciative.

Stand at the back of the plane, drink talk, laugh and when you start to sway.... just find your way back to your seat. Put on your eye shades, headphones, do not disturb sticker on your forehead.....and........enjoy.

:)

Slasher
10th May 2000, 12:08
Rollingthunder do what I do. Next time youve run out of things to do try and sit next to a chick. Look all serious and doctorlike and be reading something scientific. Start up a convo with her. When she asks what you do say your a clinical gynacologist! After about an hour of chatting she should start opening up and saying "Oh doctor...if you dont mind...um...I have this complaint......"
Guaranteed hours of fun especialy if she has mates down the back (and as long as your acting skills last!). Last time I did it I disembarked at the other end knowing the state of the "groins" of 50% of the female pax! :)

PS What the hell is Candida?

Rollingthunder
10th May 2000, 15:51
Rarely seem to sit next to or close to chicks, non-chick type women yes. Something to think about tho'.

Candida?? No idea. Where did that come from?

PilotsPal
11th May 2000, 15:21
Candida albicans = thrush.

Lurk R
12th May 2000, 09:44
I thought Candida was someone more candid than me!!!

I can never get bored - I try to arrange my flights so that as much is in daylight as possible. One of my favourites was the 9am SIN-LHR arriving around 3pm. Had a bloody sore neck after 12 hours twisting looking out the window though.

airbourne
13th May 2000, 10:15
Slasher,

You seem to have a sick and twisted mind. I like you a lot, msybe you could until the late evening until coming to the ash and give the rest of the single lads to chat up some women before you come in and proclaim to be the first pilot/doctor/sex theripist and general know all of the female body.