PDA

View Full Version : V5-NCG Is Going To Australia 2011

CONFOR
19th Feb 2010, 18:41
Well guys seems the wheels starts to roll - we going to Australia next year and with His blessing in less than 365 days we'll be there - now for the planning !!!!!
Long way to go but the DC6B - she'll do it with a smile and lots of oil !!!!

Propstop
19th Feb 2010, 19:24
DC6B... what a magnificent old aeroplane. I fondly remember many flights in them, especially at night with the exhaust rings glowing red and the blue flame from each exhaust. Sitting down the back in the comfortable seats and a favourite beverage...those were the days when you had to dress properly to get a flight and good manners were the norm......excuse me while I dab a tear from my eye.:):):)

WhinerLiner
19th Feb 2010, 21:21
What a lovely flight that will be, you must be losing sleep with excitement. Hope you with fill the pages of the aviation blogs with stories and pics as you go

CONFOR
20th Feb 2010, 15:38
Hi Propstop and WhinerLiner,
Yes and you know what time will pass sooner than one thinks - did last year a three week safari to Botswana/Zambia in 2 x Pa31's and it was also on a year notice - it was like a blink of the eye and we were on our way - just not sure which will be the biggest job - the flight planning or all the red tape to get there - will keep your guys posted - one thing for sure - we'll have to get the pold lady 101 % - as we progress I'll let you know - how to you post a photie on this site !!!!!

Doodlebug
20th Feb 2010, 15:56
Make sure you ouens donder the aussies at rugby while you're down there! :}

What's it to be, something like Nairobi - Male - Singapore - Darwin? Man, what a trip!

Propstop
20th Feb 2010, 18:47
Confor
Please keep this site updated with the progress of this magnificent Old Lady of the skies. I will be very interested in it's progress.

CONFOR
20th Feb 2010, 20:01
Hi Doodlebug,
Due to the fact that we need "plentyfull" of avgas it seems that the only route we can take - make or break will be Eros-Lanseria-Reunion-Cocos Islands-Perth (long way to swim !!!) over 11 hrs leg -

Doodlebug
20th Feb 2010, 21:12
What is the flying-time going the other way at the end of the trip? Real flying, envy you guys. Please do post pics.

Who was on about a 'Stellenbosch Shiraz'? Good brew, that! (lyk my die Maties is oorals!)

two greens
20th Feb 2010, 22:36
Think you should check very carefully with Shell about avgas at Cocos. It was never available in the 90's. so doubt they have it now.

Have a great flight.

CONFOR
21st Feb 2010, 06:06
Thanks - the guys from Aussie said they will get that one in order - we'll see -

Propstop
21st Feb 2010, 06:44
Doodlebug
It is said there are two good pleasures on this earth; one is a good red and the other starts with w... I forget now. Maybe too much of the former.
Cheers, Propstop

WhinerLiner
21st Feb 2010, 10:06
Confor, what will become of it when it gets to Oz?

CONFOR
21st Feb 2010, 16:07
Hi WhinerLiner - after all the flying in OZ - we will return back home - hopefully the same route - departing date from OZ will be end April 2011 -

Ndegi
25th Feb 2010, 20:45
Sounds like a pose at the AVALON Airshow will be on the agenda?

40Deg STH
26th Feb 2010, 01:33
Australia 1-Boer 0:ok:
What a lovely aeroplane.

CONFOR
28th Feb 2010, 10:31
Hi Guys, planning slowly gaining speed - seems we'll have two new engine's soon - do have a 5 day safari next month - will then go through all the stuff again - next month OPC and IF renewal - wish me luck :confused:

CONFOR
16th Mar 2010, 14:46
Hi Guys - feed back time - did all our stuff yesterday (OPC/IF) rides and a charter - awesome - leaving on a 5 day safari - will keep ya posted - is there any ways to post photo's on PPRune !!! - take care

CONFOR
25th Mar 2010, 07:34
Hi Guys - 5 Days Later And Boy O! Boy - She Just Went On Purring - 2 Tar Strips - The Rest Gravel - Can't Wait For The Next Sortie - Will Post Some Snappies On Fb As It Seems That One Cannot Put Snappies On This Site

Zulu01
31st Mar 2010, 00:33
Confor that is amazing news.

I was one of the lucky guys to be stuck at Vic Falls in April 1997 , and was ferried to Windhoek on V5-NCF, we took off at 5pm and flew over the falls , watched the sun set and then home , looking at the exhaust stacks in the dark.

Watched V5-NCG being rebuilt on that and subsequent trips. Glad she is running so well.

Maybe one day I can come back and do one of your safari's

skyways
1st Apr 2010, 06:48
The Yesteryear Aviation website is up with details of her tour in Australia - www.yesteryearaviation.com.au