PDA

View Full Version : Posh loses luggage

AJ
24th Apr 2000, 00:51
Airline apologises after Posh Spice luggage stolen
LONDON (Reuters) - British Airways has offered compensation to "Posh" Spice Girl Victoria Beckham after her luggage was stolen at Heathrow Airport, the airline said on Sunday.

It said it had launched an investigation into the theft of the baggage, said to be three 2,000 pound Louis Vuitton designer suitcases, after Posh returned to London from Miami last Sunday.

"We have offered compensation and it has been accepted," a British Airways (BA) spokeswoman told Reuters.

She would not say how much was offered, but Britain's Sunday Mirror tabloid said BA chiefs had agreed to pay 100,000 pounds.

The newspaper said the pop star had demanded free first-class flights for herself, her England and Manchester United soccer ace husband David Beckham and their son Brooklyn for life after her bags were stolen during an internal transfer from Heathrow to Manchester.

"Victoria was very distraught when she realised that her things had been targeted in such a way," the newspaper quoted a family friend as saying.

The newspaper said the suitcases contained the singer's clothing, song lyrics and other personal belongings.

The spokeswoman said a "couple of items" had since been recovered at Heathrow but would not say whether any suspects had been questioned.

"We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused and have apologised to her. We are taking the matter very seriously and our investigators are working with police," the spokeswoman said.
:) :) :)

------------------
Safiri Salaama

Sierra
24th Apr 2000, 01:39
For £100,000, they can steal my luggage anyday. The only clothes they'd find in my luggage would be a couple of 'Dunnes Stores' specials. God how the other half lives! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

SIERRA

overstress
24th Apr 2000, 01:48
To get free first on BA for life, you don't have to sh_g a footballer - just become the CEO, sh_g the company, then leave for your seat in the Lords! ;) ;)

40degrees
24th Apr 2000, 08:24
lets just hope she doesnt remember the song lyrics ;)

What_does_this_button_do?
25th Apr 2000, 15:55
What ever happened to the Geneva Convention about limited loss payouts for baggage?

One rule for one.....

I agree with 40degrees - let's hope she forgets the lyrics.

------------------
Capt IF Snailtrails, gawd bless 'im!
Slurp coffee and fire up PC....PPRUNE time!
Filth/garbage/sex...*post*...*post*...*post*

kopbhoy2
25th Apr 2000, 16:02
Apparently one item contained in her luggage was the demo tape for the new Spice Girls album.

Obviously someone was a music lover then!!! ;)

Give me the Corrs anyday... :)

[This message has been edited by kopbhoy2 (edited 25 April 2000).]