PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth?

tony draper
19th Feb 2010, 14:47
What happened to Google Earth?downloaded it to this new hard disk,it used to be simple to use, find your town zoom in switch to Street view and just click on the arrows to navigate round,this version seems to have a wee camera icons that sometimes moves you forward and sometimes not,anyway I can change it back to the ribbon and pointer thing? at least that used to work.
Why dont they leave things alone!!
:suspect:

ericlday
19th Feb 2010, 15:13
If it aint broken...break it !!!

Loose rivets
19th Feb 2010, 18:04
anyway I can change it back to the ribbon and pointer thing?

Did you mean 'can I' Mr D?

If so, I'd be interested in that as well. While looking at the devastation of the tax office in Austin, I wanted to see the building as it used to be. The little rows of cameras just seemed to disappear into the ground...which didn't matter, cos they didn't work anyway.

Having said all this, pals on 3 corners of the world, all looking into the front drives of their current homes while chatting on Skype, just can't be bad. Wish I could go back in time and show my old electronics lecturer some of these things.

tony draper
19th Feb 2010, 18:18
Bro's puter still has the old Google street view system that worked on it.hmmm, wonder if one could transfer it to the draper super puter somehow.:uhoh:

JimR
19th Feb 2010, 21:02
Tony, i couldn't resist a chuckle about your new super puter because in Brazil a puta happens to be a lady of the evening!

tony draper
19th Feb 2010, 21:22
One wandered the streets of Brazil in one's yoof Mr Jim,one knows what Puta means,one has fond memories of Rio Gran de Sol.:rolleyes:

mustpost
19th Feb 2010, 21:31
Brazilian jokes aside, Bing maps seem to offer much more up to date images (UK anyway) I can see my lawn was cut on the 28th Aug last year and the old car was just still there..:}

tony draper
19th Feb 2010, 22:04
Never heard of them :uhoh: does one have a link?
One loves maps :)

mustpost
19th Feb 2010, 22:14
Bing, umm just the same as Goorgle maps I'm afraid but different sat and some better functions...
www.bing.com/maps (http://www.bing.com/maps)

Keef
19th Feb 2010, 23:35
Ah! Microsoft chasing Google!

Bing maps looks similar, but having two to play with is always confusing.

call100
19th Feb 2010, 23:49
I think you may find that the cameras are 'Street View' if you click into them they give you street level view in 360 degree views...fantastic little invention. I would imagine your search for the building would have been enhanced by this....If your didn't work I think you may need to update your GE....
If I'm wrong, Sorry in advance.....:}

Hobo
20th Feb 2010, 06:56
Never mind Google Earth, I can't open Google today (or yesterday), having to use yahoo instead....

Anyone else?

ExSp33db1rd
20th Feb 2010, 07:01
........Why dont they leave things alone!!

Yuppies have to justify their Education Allowance. ( and very existence )

If you find something you like, buy 6 of them, when it breaks, or wears out, you can never find the same thing again.

I didn't start soon enough, but I now have a wardrobe full of '90's shirts, trousers, etc. that I LOVE. Stuff the modern look. ( with the exception of Crocs !! ) and I don't have to troll around the stores looking for clothes.

tony draper
20th Feb 2010, 09:32
Usually pretty good wi maps but Aerial and Birds eye view can be very confusing, finding one's way about even in places familiar from ground level, tiz easy to see how our bomber chaps inadvertantly unload their cargos on the wrong spot occasionally and land at the wrong aerodromes after doing so.:E

sillytwistedboy
20th Feb 2010, 10:16
Just noticed that Streetview has finally got to my part of the world (SW England) but, oddly, they have chosen National Trust properties at Castle Drogo and Glendurgan. Neither of these can have been taken from a car, so, has anybody seen a bloke with a gurt big camera on his head, wandering the countryside?