PDA

View Full Version : Australian pax ....SMARTEN UP!!

Kaptin M
23rd Apr 2000, 03:56
Without a doubt, the prize for the WORST DRESSED passengers goes to the Australians returning home from overseas. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

The sight of grown [usually, overly] men, wearing STUBBIES [for the uninitiated, that's those ridiculously short shorts, that unmistakeably define whether the wearer dresses to the left, or the right] TEE SHIRT, silhoueting a well cultivated beer gut, and THONGS, to expose the cracked heels and long toe nails, waiting at the boarding lounges of most international airports is the reason you scoop the pools. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Besides looking like yobbos, the practicality of that dress is zero, on a long haul flight...the aircraft temp, and your body temp [on night flights] drops, which means you're going to feel cold.

Track suits are probably the most practical, and comfortable, but also look a bit dowdy for departure and arrival, esp. when worn by mature aged, slighty overweight travellers. So the answer is, check in, wearing your usual, sensible clobber, and get changed once on board.

Rollingthunder
23rd Apr 2000, 04:12
Honestly, does anybody care how anyone is dressed as long as the apparel is within the current sense of decency? The mission is to mov'em not judge'em.

Kaptin M
23rd Apr 2000, 04:26
There IS, in fact, a dress code for most airlines, for Joe Publics, RT. I have seen one airline [AN] refuse carriage of a pax, because of [her] dress.

Airline staff are also expected to follow a certain dress code [no jeans, is one of them, and that's for EY], and which can result in refusal to issue the boarding pass, if infringed.

[This message has been edited by Kaptin M (edited 23 April 2000).]

Rollingthunder
23rd Apr 2000, 04:38
Sir, yes sir,
As there was no stipulation in the topic to company pax , i assumed topic concerned slf - not co. staff. On that topic, staff, dress magnificantly, enhance your chances , but do not change dress in-flight per co. regs.
Your mileage may vary.

half a monte
23rd Apr 2000, 11:35
Kaptin M-

On my many travels os have always been amazed to see people of different cultures not only aussies doing the beer, thong culture in bars at airports and many hours prior to boarding.

How do the poor aircrew stand the drunken yobs during the flight?? Is there such a thing as breath testing upon boarding?

Looks like self-respect is dying pretty rapidly these days.

Oh well looks I'll just have to keep those upgrades coming my way.!!

:)

[This message has been edited by half a monte (edited 23 April 2000).]

Slasher
23rd Apr 2000, 14:41
Ive noticed a lot of prang survivers have been dressed in denim jeans and shoes/boots. Denim (esp heavy denim) can withstand much abuse like fire and scratches. They can protect from (or at least reduce the size of) lower-body injuries. Shoes/Boots offer better protection than thongs as they are less likely to allow the users feet to be cut to shreds when evacuating over twisted sharp and hot metal.

ExSimGuy
23rd Apr 2000, 15:06
In my recent travels "dununda" I was impressed with the Aussie Business Traveller - only shorts with creases in First Class!! (I felt positively overdressed with trousers shirt and tie!)

----------------------------------------
**SLF do it sitting down and cramped**

half a monte
24th Apr 2000, 11:13
ExSim Guy,

Sounds like the classic case of an upgrade situation to me.......

Capt Claret
24th Apr 2000, 12:42
I saw an ex cheif minister of an Australian Territory travelling J class the other day, with their spouse.

Sitting there in faded jeans, shoes off, feet on the bulkhead.

Didn't look too impressive to me, I wonder if the political Party said member is affiliated with would have been impressed.

------------------
bottums up !

Damsel
25th Apr 2000, 19:37
Kaptin M

You know that the only well dressed pax on an aircraft are the staff!!!
I remember telling my children once that we were actually travelling on full fare tickets and that they could dress like the rest of the pax - slobs!

Dr Jekyll
28th Apr 2000, 23:11
Wasn't there a case many years ago of some would-be hijackers who intended to divert their flight to Havana, but got rumbled because they boarded the flight to Anchorage in shorts and tee shirts.

pigboat
30th Apr 2000, 23:23
Canajun eh?