PDA

View Full Version : Air Rage

Rollingthunder
23rd Apr 2000, 03:17
I've searched the archives.
A lot of folks allot the cause to pre-drinking, in-flight drinking, morons.
Some folks attribute the frequent incident reporting lately to increased media attention.Serious subject for everyone.
I do about 200,000 miles a year, observer's seat, business seat, y/c plank,(not necessarily in that order) mostly on company aircraft. Have never witnessed an incident.
Causes apparently range though, excessive beverages, no smoking, seat pitch, load factor,delays, poor staff dealings with customers and "can't take them anywhere" pax.
What single thing could be done to reduce incidents? Will however accept "top ten" lists. Reverse order please.

Self Loading Freight
24th Apr 2000, 08:20
Something that worked to some extent with drunken football hooliganism on trains was to identify the services most at risk -- usually not too difficult! -- and impose a policed booze ban. That and, I believe, a campaign targetted at the problem customers letting them know exactly what wouldn't be tolerated and what would happen if they were bad boys.

Not perfect, and there are as many ways to get around a no-drinking rule as there are bottles in George Best's shrubbery. But if certain routes and classes of pax are known to be at higher risk of trouble, then selective action along these lines might do some good.

R

ExSimGuy
27th Apr 2000, 10:12
Effays usually find that "excessive beverage" serves very nicely to subdue this particular piece of SLF - after a nice session in the departure/transit lounge, it only takes about 5 beers, 5 scotches, and a couple of bottles of wine during the meal to ensure that I am absolutely no trouble to anyone! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

------------------------------------------
****SLF do it cramped in the back****