PDA

View Full Version : C750 mandatory ballast fuel?

fnne99
18th Feb 2010, 18:32
Hi all,
I'm trying to settle a dispute with a friend of mine. He has stated that there is a mandatory 500lb ballast fuel requirement on the Citation X meaning that there is always 500lb of fuel in the cntr take at all times and is not usable fuel.
My argument is that the ballast fuel requirements only come into effect if the resulting fuel burn from a long cruise and a low payload weight will cause the cg to move too far aft.
Anyone who has time in the X or is currently flying one, if you could settle this, it would be most appreciated. :ok:

eric

twotterdriver
19th Feb 2010, 04:18
Hey All

Its been over a year and half since I last flew the X, but as I remember...

The ballast fuel was carried in the wings (if I remember right, could be wrong on that part). You only needed to carry that fuel if you had a certain C of G condition and then it did become 'unuseable' to keep the aircraft within the limits.

Of two years flying and over 1100 hours, I never once had to use ballast fuel to keep the aircraft in C of G.

Hope you bet something good!

Gord

BizJetJock
19th Feb 2010, 07:58
The 650 has the same thing. It was only an issue normally on ferry flights, as even one pax in the cabin brought the zero fuel CofG within limits. I must admit though to thinking that if I was down to around 500lbs of fuel the CofG was porobably the least of my problems!:O

FlyTCI
19th Feb 2010, 08:58
Since you use up the fuel in the ctr tank before using the wing fuel that would not work so well, would it? Maybe he got the 500 number from the minimum reqd. fuel per wing tank for dispatch? Not that it would be very smart to take off with 1000 lbs. total in a X :}

G-SPOTs Lost
19th Feb 2010, 11:49
Just about get you to the upwind numbers!!! :}