PDA

View Full Version : Netjet Cadets

mutt
17th Feb 2010, 16:51
Can anyone advise me about the following:

1: What was the initial joining aircraft for the cadets?
2: What number of hours did they require to move to a larger aircraft?
3: When would they expect to become a Captain and on what aircraft?

I'm looking at this from a technical point of view as it is the only program that I'm aware of that put low time crew into corporate jets.

Thanks

Mutt

south coast
17th Feb 2010, 17:04
1. Was a mixture of types.
2. Dont think it was/is an option.
3. Some time in the VERY distant future.

If you dont mind, why would you want to know such information, from a general or 'technical' point of view?

galaxy flyer
17th Feb 2010, 17:45
I didn't know NJE had a cadet program. In the US, I had about 3,000 hours of corporate jet time, 5000 hours of mil fighter and transport time and I am middle of the pack in experience in my flight dep't.

GF

mandsballard
18th Feb 2010, 01:15
Mutt, I sent them a CV about 8 months before the economy took a nose dive. I have a type rating in the 400xp with 3700 in type and 970 PIC in 400xp and never got a call:\. Go figure that one out.
Whats happin'in in Saudia, r they still recruiting for the XP?? still waiting for call:confused::confused:

jetopa
18th Feb 2010, 04:23
I think they do! Apply and state your rating and experience on type.

EatMyShorts!
18th Feb 2010, 09:21
Yes, keep on calling them at NJME!

netjetter
18th Feb 2010, 09:38
I think you will find that NJME don't have any 400XP. Just 750/800XP, Falcon 2000 and G450. Anyway, I think they have previously hired non-typerated folks.

With regards to the cadet program:

Yes, NJE did have one. Most or all cadets ended up joning on the midsize (XLS and Hawker 800XPC) I think. The intention was to put them on light jets, but there was no requirement for additional crew on those jets when the cadets startded to come online.

Once online I think they are subject to the same rules as everybody else with regards to fleet changes and upgrades (seniority and seat locks).

They will likely stay on their mid-size (or small cabin) fleet until they have 3000 hours which should take at least 6 years or more. Their first command will be on a light or midsize. A large cabin command is many (10+) years into the future for any of them.

mutt
18th Feb 2010, 15:56
EatMyShorts..... NJME dont have a cadet program....

Jetopa, so after 3000 hrs in the XLS/-800, they are qualified to go left seat, is that on the same aircraft type or do they change to the smallest fleet aircraft?

mansballard.... they are still looking and will be for the foreseeable future..

Mutt

Waldi
18th Feb 2010, 17:07
its all about bidding if you want to be chef asap you ned to choose something without APU, If you wish to to have it warm in winter and cold in summer it will take a bit longer. That is the deal, but we are talking about Cessna and Mitsubishi, not about Embraer, Gulfstream or even Marcel Dassaut.

The glamour is over

EatMyShorts!
18th Feb 2010, 20:28
EatMyShorts..... NJME dont have a cadet program....I know ;) My post was referring to the one that was mentioning loads of hours in the logbook!

papazulu
18th Feb 2010, 21:57
They will likely stay on their mid-size (or small cabin) fleet until they have 3000 hours which should take at least 6 years or more. Their first command will be on a light or midsize. A large cabin command is many (10+) years into the future for any of them.

Starting with, let say..300 hrs on the logbook, the above means they do AT LEAST 450 hrs/year. Is it what is (or it was) like in NJE? I have always been told a different story by all B400 and XP skippers I came across, some with L/T Cpt duties. As a matter of fact a mate of mine logged 250 hrs in a bit less than 2 yrs before being "offered" the options available to fight the credit crunch...:E

Best luck to NJ anyway

PZ :ok:

mandsballard
19th Feb 2010, 02:23
i was talking about NJ here in the United States, not abroad!!