PDA

View Full Version : Lido Charts

SU-GCM
17th Feb 2010, 16:25
Our airline is considering to change to the LIDO charts

can you guys share your experience and if it's easy to change from Jeppesen to LIDO ? and get used to them ? what's good about it and what's bad ?

also if there is anybody who is kind enough to show me a sample of the LIDO En route or aerodrome charts I would appreciate it so much

no sig
17th Feb 2010, 20:42
I won't comment specifically on LIDO's products, but a move away from Jepp's or indeed any other en-route chart provider, is a significant decision and not one to be taken lightly- not that I am suggesting you are. But it will take considerable effort and training. You really need to get a complete suite of the LIDO products- supplements, en-route charts and approach plates from them directly- this of course must include your operating area and for your routes and destinations/alternates. You obviously then need to disucss the matter within flight ops and make your choice.

SU-GCM
17th Feb 2010, 21:19
Thanks you for your input no sig
Do you think it's worth the trouble/Costs for a fleet of only 1 Cargo Aircraft ?
We are subscribed to jeppesen for a 2 sets of all regions and text general and text Frankfurt !

Lauderdale
18th Feb 2010, 09:29
SU-GCM

I guess the key question is what is your driver for change? Cost? As you are a cargo operator one key question I would ask of any provider is what they WW coverage is. They all have the LEMG's and the EHAM's but I presume you operate to somewhat more less travelled places....

Airbus_a321
18th Feb 2010, 09:49
MY favorite charts are still Jeppesen charts. even after several years "forced" to use Lido, i still dont like them.
The taxi-charts from lido are excellent, to be honest, much better than jeppessen, but the rest of all the lido charts are unclear, just confusing - just rubbish. Well they are very, very colorful and nice to see, but bad to use.
Sorry, but just my personal opinion. :cool:

PT6A
18th Feb 2010, 11:01
I don't think Lido will touch you having only one aircraft - as their RM are company specific it would be too costly for one aircraft.

Also not sure what type you operating but at present Lido ony support Cat C/D aircraft.

PT6A

SU-GCM
18th Feb 2010, 14:25
@Lauderdale
Thanks for your reply
yes we were considering the cost issue in addition to the cycles we get lost as Jeppesen send it by mail and some delays
we fly almost everywhere although we have only 1 A300B4 Aircraft we go to different places in Asia , Africa , Europe and our main bases are HECA, HLLT, EHAM

@Airbus_a321
Thanks for your reply and yes that's what I heared from many pilots and Operation colleagues

@PT6A
You are correct , They replied to our inquiry that they only support scheduled flights airlines as they don't cover the whole airports in the world with their charts
and we only operate 1 A300B4 Aircraft

Thank you everybody for your input and it seems we are sticking to jeppesen for now

URRVCTR
27th Feb 2010, 19:32
Don't know about LIDO, but think that transition will be hard.
Also, since u have cargo operations it is a reasonable question about flight areas, because only Jeppesen has good survellance all around the world.
P.S.: now our airline moves to jeppesen from Navtech, since last one doesn't have a lot of airports in their survey...:ugh: so it's better to think twice before transition from Jepp.