PDA

View Full Version : Flying Pay

DickieBird
17th Feb 2010, 07:59
Not sure if this is the correct area to ask the question, but here it is anyway.
I know flight crews, both cabin and flight deck, are entiltled to flying pay. Is this from the time they book in and out or actual in the air hours.

Thanks

K.Whyjelly
17th Feb 2010, 16:57
Flight Duty Pay............................as far as my lot are concerned, from the minute I clock on until 30 mins after coming onto stand I get paid this duty pay

oldbalboy
18th Feb 2010, 18:28
varies from airline to airline and also varies between flight crew and cabin crew, the airline i work for its from report to chocks at base for flight crew and same for cc +45 mins after chocks for paperwork money banking etc

Northbeach
19th Feb 2010, 02:48
DickieBird,

A small hourly rate is paid from the time the pilot reports for duty until the trip is over and the pilot is released from duty back at the home base. This is paid 24 hours a day; whether the pilot is at the controls flying or asleep at the hotel resting. This is called per diem.

Flight pay is an hourly rate the pilot is paid from the time the jet first moves from the gate until it arrives at the destination and is secured. This is recorded automatically by different parameters and sent in to the company.

Each trip is scheduled to take so much time. For each day on duty we are guaranteed so much flying for pay purposes. If the cumulative actual flying is less than the minimum guarantee it is called a ‘soft time trip’. If the cumulative actual hours spent flying is more than the daily guarantee then it is referred to as a “hard time trip”.

I fly between 80-90 hours a month and am gone for about 375-400 hours a month; that’s about 16 days a month-or 6 out of 12 months every year………………

The actual flight pay begins when the jet departs the gate and ends when the jet arrives at the destination gate. I may be on duty for 11 hours and only fly 6 hours. Only the 6 hours flying is paid at the flight rate.

Respectfully,

Northbeach

DickieBird
19th Feb 2010, 06:53
Many thanks for your input guys