PDA

View Full Version : Screen saver

boofhead
16th Feb 2010, 05:39
I hate computers.
Windows Vista, Dell computer pretty new, not a bad unit but now it is sticking on the screen saver. It is set up to display from one of the photo files, and usually does it well, but lately I have found it to be sticking on one photo (not always the same one) and it does not go back to the normal desktop display when the mouse is clicked, as it used to do. Nothing works, and the photo is the only thing I can get, unless I do a Ctrl/Alt/Del. It will not immediately wake up, but after a second or so it works normally again.
I can't find a setting that has changed, does anyone have an idea of what is wrong and how to fix it?
Yes I know, go back to XP or on to 7, but neither is an option.

Loose rivets
16th Feb 2010, 08:10
How big is the photo?

boofhead
17th Feb 2010, 00:49
I checked it again and actually the screen saver continues to run, changing photos every minute or so as it is programmed to do. The problem is that I cannot get out of the screen saver mode without ctrlaltdel. Clicking the mouse or rolling the trackball does not do it like it used to.

DaHai
17th Feb 2010, 02:21
You have probably tried this, buti willsuggest it just in caes. Have you tried to rightclick on the dektop, a panel titled 'Control panel - Personalization' will appear.Select screen saver and then make anny changes from there.
I have Lenovo/Vista system

themidge
17th Feb 2010, 13:50
Have you tried a different screen saver? Maybe just the standard one? Doing so would tell us if the problem is with just the photo screen saver or the whole screen saver system.

boofhead
19th Feb 2010, 03:36
I changed the screen saver as suggested and it does not freeze the PC as did the photo screen saver. I will put it back on photo and see if it recurs.