PDA

View Full Version : Log In Dropping Out.

Bullethead
16th Feb 2010, 01:04
G'day Gents,

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and ever since my log in to this site and another one 'Powered by vBulletin®' keep dropping out. I have to re-log on every time I visit this site to post replies and the other to gain access.

Any suggestions to overcome this problem?

Regards,
BH.

hellsbrink
16th Feb 2010, 14:27
don't think it's a W7 issue, I've had that happen a few times recently with both XP and W7. In both cases I've been using the latest incarnation of Firefox, but I actually THINK the problem could be with the forum itself

Saab Dastard
16th Feb 2010, 16:20
Clear out cookies - usually sorts most log in problems.

SD

hellsbrink
16th Feb 2010, 17:07
SD,

The problem I've had is totally random, all is good for days and then suddenly I get logged off when replying to a post. I cleared out cookies and it still happened. It's probably just been a sudden glitch somewhere, but my main reason for posting was to point out to Bullethead that Win7 is NOT the issue.

Bullethead
16th Feb 2010, 23:31
G'day HB & SD,

As with you HB the problem is erratic, sometimes the logon will be stable for days and at other times will dropout when a new tab is opened.

I use plenty of other sites with an auto logon facility and they are all stable the only problems are arising with bulletin boards 'Powered by vBulletin®"

Thanks for the input guys,
BH.

Mr Moustache
14th Mar 2010, 15:54
Hi
i have just got a new laptop (Toshiba with Windows 7) and most of the time I cannot log in. I use my name password and then complete the verification. It thanks me by name but when I am forwarded to the forums I find I am not logged in.
A couple of times I have got in by not waiting to be forwarded but by clicking the link and forcing it. Even this does not work more than 20% of the time.
I have tried deleting all cookies and temporary internet files but this does not seem to have any effect. I have not yet found how to view a list of individual cookies in w7 so I have not been able to confirm that all the cookies are actually being deleted.
any ideas would be welcome
cheers MrM

P.Pilcher
14th Mar 2010, 16:23
I normally stay logged in all the time on my computers. Last week, I received the usual welcome message directed to those unlogged in and was invited to register. I entered my log in name and password and was then asked to decipher the usual jumble of characters. I did so and was advised that I had incorrectly recognised the displayed characters. I thus requested (as instructed) another set. On doing so the initial page of the board appeared indicating that I was logged in and I have remained so ever since. There is indeed something dodgey going on!

P.P.

SOPS
15th Mar 2010, 11:18
I am having exactly the same problem

Bullethead
15th Mar 2010, 12:06
According to my son, who is an IT geek, it is a Windoze7 problem so a bit of bitching to MS might help get things sorted out.

Regards,
BH.

hellsbrink
15th Mar 2010, 19:45
He ain't that much of a geek then, bullethead.

If you read back you'll see I was having the same issue with both XP and W7, using Firefox.

FullOppositeRudder
17th Mar 2010, 12:06
I had the same problem a few months ago when I set up a 'new' XP computer as the primary one for internet work (it's since crashed and had to be rebuilt but that's another story :{).

Eventually I traced it to a setting in my security suite (CA) which was (apparently) default programmed to remove cookies immediately upon use (it's well disguised under the Privacy settings). I removed the tick from the box and the problem disappeared.

It may be that a similar program which is 'tidying up as it goes' is responsible in these cases also.

Regards,
FO Rudder