PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream pilot looking for advice/ assistance

airmiles
15th Feb 2010, 17:30
I am not quite sure what or how to write this, neither am I sure where to post this but thought as this is a forum for pilots that someone somewhere may be able to give me some advice as I honestly do not know what to do anymore.

I will try to keep it short and sweet.
I have 797 hours and have some jet time but this is from ages ago, and I have noticed unless you have 500 hour jet time that it is pretty much useless. I have had so much bad luck when it comes to flying jobs that I am not sure if I should just quit and do something else. The problem with that is that I love flying, and every time I think I should do something else my heart sinks because I want to be a pilot.
With my last job I was out in Turkey and they wanted me to get a TR on the Jetstream 31/32. However, the American there told me to get it on my FAA licence which I found odd as Turkey follows the JAA system. Anyhow I went ahead and got it on my FAA licence. I was there for some months in Turkey and never actually got to fly because the other FO kept taking my flying slots. Then in April of last year their insurance went up and all pilots with less than 1000 hours were let go.
I honestly do not know what to do now, because since almost a year I have not flown. I have written to all Jetstream operators in UK and Europe but due to the type being on my FAA licence and not my JAR licence, they will not give me a chance. Surely though I have more an advantage than pilots who have no type of this whatsoever?
I could go on but do not want to be more upset than I already am. :( If anyone can give me any advice then that would be great. I know there are pilots out there who can give me some good solid advice, and I guess those are the people to whom this is addressed.
Thanks.

jonkarava
12th Nov 2010, 21:34
Hi airmiles I am in a similar situation could you please make contact

airmiles
14th Nov 2010, 22:05
Hello Jonkarava,

I only just noticed now that you replied to my post. I have not been on PPrune for ages. Sorry for not getting in touch sooner. Thank you also for your private message. I have also texted you back although perhaps a little late in the evening, so I do apologise for that, but I wanted to make immediate contact with you.

Airmiles