PDA

View Full Version : african contract companies

flydriver
15th Feb 2010, 13:02
Hi guys & girls

I'm looking at coming back to Africa to do some contract flying. I've being out of it for a while and could do with some advice about who to apply to and who to avoid... I have a South African licence with a lot of experience and would obviously like to earn a decent salary so any advice would be great.

Cheers!!

piapito
16th Feb 2010, 13:26
HI

Well, see there is not allot of guys replying on your inquiry!

As you know there is a few contract companies around who all had their runnings with the economic depression. When it get's to the crew side of things regarding pay and don't think there was any adjustments made in the last 18 months as supply for experienced guys had a chance to build up due to airlines stopping all hiring, thus reversing the previous shortage and then also directly affecting renumeration. I see a change in that department in the not to distant future as EK, Etihad, Cathay and a other couple has restarted their hiring programs. This will hit contract companies very hard.

I speak under correction and heard from a friend that there is certain RSA companies that pay a ATP Captain on a 1900 a $900 basic and $135 a day, which is poor. I've heard that balmoral probably pays the best at the moment. Solenta is not bad either but also heard that they are taking advantage of the pilot abundance. Experience depending you could make a buck if you qualify for their oil contracts in Algeria. Naturelink is not bad either, but apparently they also use the leverage with the bunch of pilot's around. There is smaller companies in RSA that operate 1900's, not sure about their status. There is a couple of companies in Kenya that have just been awarded the majority of UN contracts for some political and obvious some cash kickback reasons, these aircraft would be: Caravan's, Twin Otters, 1900's and Dash-8's, might be worth while ringing them up too. There is Canadian Companies on CL65's, that would be sweet!

Once again, this is my general feeling and understanding of the contract situation and none of what I said is factual.

Good Luck:ok:

atpcliff
17th Feb 2010, 13:34
Hi!

What airframes are you trained/current in and/or what airframes do U wish to fly?

cliff
NBO

Zeflo27
19th Feb 2010, 08:01
Wow! Aged 25yrs and already a lot of experience.

skysahara
21st Feb 2010, 15:11
25yrs With Lots Of Experience Is Good.
If You Have Atpl Come To Kenya,if You Have Command Experience And Dash-8 Is An Advantage.

You Will Need To Do A Conversion Licence And Maybe An Instrument Flight Test To Get A Kenyan Atpl.