PDA

View Full Version : Zimex

liftman
14th Feb 2010, 19:40
Hy guys,

need information about the company, roster, moral, money.....copilot position.

Thanks

elzimex
22nd Feb 2010, 02:49
See their website for licence / experience / ratings, requirements. Home - Zimex Aviation Ltd. (http://www.zimex.com).

A JAA licence - CPL /IR and a rating on one of their types is a must, again the website is specific.

As one who worked for the above company for some 13 years before the dreaded 65 caught up, I can truthfully say that in my aviation career spanning some 40 years, they were the best company I had the pleasure of working with.

I started out as a Pilatus Porter jockey working in Libya, moving onto the Twin Otter, Resident Ops Manager - Yemen, Flight Ops Manager - Ad Interim - on 2 occasions, Chief Pilot HQ, then Project Chief Pilot - Angola. Worked in Burma, Sudan, Dubai, Algeria, Mozambique etc. finished up in Training Dept.

Good luck with your application,

Regards,

Elroi Ambrose, AKA, elzimex.

Illvibe
11th Mar 2010, 20:40
Hi all

Does anyone know whether Zimex is affected by the actual politicial crysis between Libya and Switzerland? Are they still allowed to operate in Libya?

About 50 employees (no matter which nationality) of swiss companies operating in Libya have been arrested and/or deported.

Just curious.

TWOTBAGS
11th Mar 2010, 22:16
ZIM's Lybia ops are all but shut down. Had a pilot in the slammer for several months when the Swiss first arrested the son..... he was not even swiss!

LGW Vulture
11th Mar 2010, 22:47
Erm, Iīm watching you TWOTBAGS, donīt post pictures of my Clients aircraft on PPRUNE again please. Unless of course you obtain prior permission.

With kindest regards

LGW V.

NuName
12th Mar 2010, 04:06
I guess you must be having a private joke, yes? I wish I could control the publication of aircraft I fly, I could have made a fortune.

currawong
12th Mar 2010, 07:13
Me too, NuName.

For what it is worth, there are 162 images of Zimex aircraft on Airliners.net

Obviously they must have asked permission....

McMax
18th Jun 2011, 10:47
Hi there!

Have to push up this old thread.

Are there any Zimex pilots left on pprune?!
Would like to talk to one of them....

All the best from Germany
Max