PDA

View Full Version : Travel insurance

DiamondC
14th Feb 2010, 10:55
Can anyone suggest a travel insurance policy that covers flying lessons (PPL level)?

It's excluded from my usual policy.

mcgoo
14th Feb 2010, 11:30
Traffords do a multi trip policy that covers flying, about £125 a year

ppiilloott
14th Feb 2010, 12:03
Direct Travel will cover it on an Annual for Europe 39.00GBP or worldwide 59.00GBP. If you are able to take things like luggage and money off the policy it will go down to something like.....Europe - 27.00 GBP and worldwide - 41.00GBP.

You do need to phone them to add the flying cover - 0845 605 2500. (9-8 seven days a week). Only thing is, it won't cover day trips in UK, it needs to be abroad or you need to be away from home in the UK for at least 2 nights.

DiamondC
15th Feb 2010, 03:38
thanks - i heard about traffords and they quoted me GBP258 for a single trip which sounded like a lot. might ask them about their other options and check direct travel too.

DiamondC
19th Feb 2010, 08:30
Okay just in case anyone else comes along looking at this thread, the company I went with was this one (worldwideinsure):
Cheap worldwide Travel Insurance. Holiday Travel Insurance (http://www.worldwideinsure.com/)

Advantages:
(1) Can cover you if you have already left the UK - most policies only cover you if you haven't left yet (I'm living in HK and travelling in the US on my way back to London)
(2) Flying coverage can be added to part of the trip only and extended if needed per day/week (good if your training will only be part of a longer trip - no need to get flying coverage for the whole time)