PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Scott

fisbangwollop
12th Feb 2010, 20:12
Spent the last hour at work ( ATC ) remembering my early days in ATC.....one of the high moments was a flight I made back in about 1976 in a FRADU Hunter from Yeovilton. The flight was skippered by Taylor Scott, we did a sortie with HMS Hardy in Portland bay before going and having some fun...!!!!! Aero's and practice 1 in 1's back into Yeovilton. the guy was an ace and I was so sad to hear a year or so later he had been killed in a Harrier test flight accident ........any memories of the maan would be nice to hear.:cool::cool::cool:

Double Zero
12th Feb 2010, 22:16
Hello,

I know the unfortunate story about Taylor, ( knew him, worked with him and was photographer on the BOI + other things, though I cannot involve other pilots & their views which had to be held back at the time of his accident - mostly - ) and if you can add anything of stories with Taylor I'm sure his family, who I'm in touch with, - would love to hear them.

As a matter of interest, the Sea Vixen at Tangmere Museum has guess who's name on the side ?!

Also see www.harrier.org.uk/history (http://www.harrier.org.uk/history)

- scroll down to ' Harrier Testing '

Please allow that I had no editorial control, and as he ( a good guy ) is out of touch now I cannot correct my and his errrors.

People a lot more qualified than I there may feel inclined to comment, but I will reply ASAP when not so late & tired !

Will mail tomorrow, Saturday

DZ