PDA

View Full Version : Passing the time at IST

JWP2010
11th Feb 2010, 21:05
That's it really! I have a 5hour lay-over at IST and am wondering if anyone could shed light on the airport hotel and/or any other ways to pass the time. Thanks.

Pax Vobiscum
14th Feb 2010, 16:41
If so, check out the duty free shops. Last time I was there (some years ago), I picked up a 250g tin of Beluga for £25 - even if it was farmed rather than wild, there should be an extra nought on that if bought in the UK.

Aksai Oiler
15th Feb 2010, 09:25
Even if you are checked through - there is the Airport Hotel - which can be entered both land side and air side. They charge by the hour.

bsmasher
15th Feb 2010, 10:03
There might (just!!!) be time to get to the centre of the historic city for a very brief look round - Public transport is good , although there is a change from the train to the tram each way which may waste just a bit too much time. The tram passes throug hte middle of the touristy bit so getting off say at Beyazit ,by the Grand Bazaar, and getting back on at Sultanahmet may work for a brief stroll.

bmi goldenboy
15th Feb 2010, 19:22
The airport (or TKY) operates a tour for pax on longer waits. I remember reading about it on the way to IST last year, check out the airline or airport website, one will surely have details.

JWP2010
16th Feb 2010, 11:30
...for all that. Not sure about the city trip, depends on Turkish time-keeping:O