PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Airways DEC

jetpet
11th Feb 2010, 16:44
So the latest almost comfirmed rumour going about is KQ are now keen on getting crew they can fast track onto the left seat once they meet minimun company requirements, how feasible is this is ???....

Rat Catcher
12th Feb 2010, 08:16
Can't really see KALPA sampling that one lying down:}

atpcliff
12th Feb 2010, 09:29
Hi!

A guy I know was just told that KQ is going to need a lot of pilots soon, and that they would have to go to non-Kenyan DECs to meet their needs.

I know at least one guy who would jump at the chance if they would hire non East-Africans.

cliff
NBO

kotakota
12th Feb 2010, 09:54
This has been on and off for some years now , and there has already been some recruitment in the last year on to the 737 , including DECs , but when I enquired about the pay from the agency involved , the derisory amount offered could mean only one thing. KALPA were very much involved and probably only agreed to the recruitment if the pay offered was nowhere near theirs !! I stand to be corrected but do know that KQ crew are very well reimbursed .
Pity , I would jump at it if the pay was fair - do not need any accomodation or school fees .

WhinerLiner
12th Feb 2010, 10:13
Considering their very poor safety record surely some experience in the pointy end of their machines is in order?

Nightfire
12th Feb 2010, 10:47
KALPA were very much involved and probably only agreed to the recruitment if the pay offered was nowhere near theirs !!

;) you bet. A couple of years ago, Kenya Airways advertised some positions on the B.737 for contractors. They didn't take any expats at all in the end, due to KALPA's intervention, but in any case it would have taken somebody quite desperate to accept those lousy T&Cs.

Considering their very poor safety record surely some experience in the pointy end of their machines is in order?

Don't think so. Experienced pilots from outside will NOT necessarily make it better in any way.
"Experience" in terms of simply having a lot of flying hours doesn't mean a thing about how good or how bad a pilot is; even less so does the fact that he is someone from abroad prove anything. There are plenty of experienced Kenyans around who can handle a 737 or 777 very well.

The safety-problems at KQ have a quite different reason.

savannah
14th Feb 2010, 17:18
The safety-problems at KQ have a quite different reason........ WHICH IS???????:}