PDA

View Full Version : Moscow

F_one
10th Feb 2010, 10:22
CX announced 3 x weekly to the Russian capital this summer, using A340-300's.

Sounds like long layovers to meet your new wife....(or Russian Mafia connection)

Ex Douglas Driver
10th Feb 2010, 10:40
Cathay Pacific plans to fly to Moscow (http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_HK/aboutus/pressroomdetails?refID=18e7e9a29a6b6210VgnVCM62000007d21c39_ ___)

Cathay Pacific plans to fly to Moscow
10 February 2010

Cathay Pacific Airways today announced plans to fly to Moscow, capital of the Russian Federation. The airline is in the process of applying to the relevant authorities and looks forward to finalising flight details as soon as the regulatory approvals are in place.

Cathay Pacific Chief Executive Tony Tyler said: “Moscow has been on our radar screen for some time now. This planned addition to our network underlines Cathay Pacific’s commitment to develop new markets, and our ongoing work to strengthen Hong Kong as one of the world’s leading international aviation hubs.

“We expect Moscow will develop quickly as a prime destination for business and leisure travellers from this part of the world.

“Our strong network will enable us to offer great connections for travellers from Moscow through the Hong Kong hub to our Southeast Asian destinations and to Mainland China with our sister airline Dragonair.

“Travel demand between the two cities is showing substantial growth thanks in no small part to the visa-free access enjoyed by passport holders of the HKSAR and the Russian Federation.”

Subject to regulatory approval, Cathay Pacific plans to operate a thrice-weekly service to Moscow with Airbus A340-300 aircraft in a two-class configuration featuring Cathay Pacific’s acclaimed long-haul Business Class product. The intended new service is planned to begin this summer.

Cathay Pacific currently has a code share arrangement with the Russian national carrier Aeroflot on the Hong Kong-Moscow route.

Ex Douglas Driver
10th Feb 2010, 10:42
... and while you're in the CX news page, check out the company's response to the CEPs refusing to take part in the CNY parade.....

EXEZY
10th Feb 2010, 11:00
What happened to the Manchester shuttle?

Fly747
10th Feb 2010, 11:16
MAN shuttle was linked to Moscow before, it would be nice to see it back.
Even better to see the Colombians replaced by a few Russians down the Wanch!

captain.diperkosa
10th Feb 2010, 11:24
Hong Kong Airlines just had Moscow flight approved for 330. Start in March (which year?)

With HKA past history for marketing, keeping pilots, and business smart Cathay is Fuc%ed. Not even cathay can win against HKA managements. :rolleyes:

broadband circuit
10th Feb 2010, 12:55
... and while you're in the CX news page, check out the company's response to the CEPs refusing to take part in the CNY parade.....

I missed it. Can you enlighten me please.

hekokimushi
10th Feb 2010, 13:32

it this what you are quoting?

Cathay Pacific response to locally employed pilots? claim (http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/aboutus/pressroomdetails?refID=be10e5359f1b6210VgnVCM62000007d21c39_ ___)

&&&
10th Feb 2010, 23:49
I wonder how much of my money they are using to get this going?

Steve the Pirate
11th Feb 2010, 00:34
&&&

So, an expanding network is a bad thing?

STP

EXEZY
11th Feb 2010, 06:21
Always good to have new routes, breaks up the boredom. Moscow is 5 hours time difference so will it be three crew or four?

F Scaler
11th Feb 2010, 07:00
A340 Flight time this time of year:

HKG-DME ~ 0945
DME-HKG ~ 0900

Guessing legstretch will do it

The Wraith
11th Feb 2010, 07:39
Expanding the route network? So, not that I'm that keen either, but why aren't we serving the ever increasing Chinese population in Africa and tapping into that market? Nigeria, Angola, and even Zambia? Kenya Airways, Ethiopian and Lufthansa are making a killing here already even though having to go via Nairobi, Addis Ababa and Frankfurt.... No, lets just add a 17th daily flight to LA and demonstrate our huge capacity for imagination and lateral thought!
I guess they couldn't come up with a new CTWOPlusPlusPlusPlus brief to cope with all the Threatening Threats......
:ok:

Virtual Reality
11th Feb 2010, 08:11
Looking forward to good bars, good vodka and good mother Russian's chicks .........:D

mr Q
11th Feb 2010, 13:01
Cathay Pacific Chief Executive Tony Tyler said: “Moscow has been on our radar screen for some time now

Exactely what Gen Curtis Le May was sayiny at the height of the Cold War
CX and SAC ???????