PDA

View Full Version : Balmoral central contracts

Johan8019
10th Feb 2010, 06:35
Hi,

Is there anybody that can give me more info about this company? What type of aircraft do they operate and where do the operate from?

early riser
13th Feb 2010, 04:07
They operate on a S.A. A.O.C. in Afghanistan, the owner is based in the U,S,A but their head office is in Sandton, I believe they have appriximately 9 1900D aircraft deployed ion Afghanistan at the moment, Why do you ask are you looking for employment and if so which aircraft are you rated on ?

em20
13th Feb 2010, 07:10
I heard of another airline in Afghanistan looking for crews for the 737. Palimor (sp?) I think. I 'd go just about anywhere to sit right seat use my TR on the 73 but I think I'd have to draw the line at Afghanistan...or Iraq :sad:

speedoo
14th Feb 2010, 07:15
Hi all,

Me, I am still looking for employment on B1900 with Balmoral...:ok:

Bye

Propellerpilot
14th Feb 2010, 15:06
@early riser: who are you ? Balmoral does not have ANY aircraft so 9 1900D's is wishful thinking :}

Goffel
14th Feb 2010, 15:20
PP.

Are u teling me they lied to me...mmmmm have to do some investigating there.

Oh well, they definitely own two B200 's.

And they are the best contract company to work for.......so who cares where they got the 1900's from.

:ok:

forssi
16th Feb 2010, 05:58
Can someone please PM me their contact details or the chief pilots contact details??

Thanks

speedoo
16th Feb 2010, 07:26
Hi all,

Any chance to have details or chief pilot contact ?:)

spongebathbob
16th Feb 2010, 18:19
the guy to contact is [email protected] a great guy and an awesome company to work for....as for the guys scared of going to Afghani and Iraq...best you think id Joburg is any safer

spongebathbob
16th Feb 2010, 18:22
the guy to contact is andy @ balmoral . co . za (you know how to submit the email but pprune wont allow it to be written) a great company and a great chief pilot, as for the guys that are scared of operating up north just ask yourself if Joburg is any safer.....

syber
16th Feb 2010, 18:22
Heard they employed 10 guys last week to go on contract!!!

Carrier
23rd Feb 2010, 20:02
Does Balmoral Aviation have a web site? A Google search did not produce anything.

KVH2500
8th Sep 2010, 09:51
Any further news on this company?

Next Leg Undefined
10th Sep 2010, 05:23
Awesome bunch of pilots to work with, good safety record in sh.t areas of the world and Andy and Moz are fantastic guys to work under. Only crap thing is being away from home, which is the generic story of contract.

With regards to security: I'd rather be in a warzone occupied by 150 000 disciplined troops belonging to Uncle Sam, it feels safer than being in a country with a generally corrupt police force run by Zuma and Malema. Keeping safe is all about your decisions and your behaviour in that country, and following the private security company and NATO rules/briefings.

Golf_Seirra
3rd Oct 2010, 16:27
They used to take on guys with fresh comms but have changed that to guys with 200 or 1900 rating. Main contract requires 800 odd hours for FO, but new guys have got in with less.....

Pity, as was a really good opportunity for low time chaps. Good chaps, even better flying.....

Teazers boys do it in the bar....

plane_driver
5th Oct 2010, 05:31
Has anyone got some details if they looking for crew at the moment? Any contact details?
Im keen to go give the warzone thing a try, the way I see it, you only live once! :E

ChiyaWena
7th Oct 2010, 05:56
For someone with the min time requirments and ratings to get in, you can't go worng. You'll fly hard, play hard and learn more than you imagined. If you think you know how to fly, wait until you get there and then let yourself get taught a thing or two. It's not like the old days though. But still a great job with great people. Dont worry about the warzone thing. Just use your brain for a change and you'll come home just fine. Its a great place to fly so if you're having second thoughts, just go for it. I got lots of mates up there.